Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Stay Right Handed...Improve Form
36.36%
Go Left Handed...start from scratch
54.55%
Use a blinder
0%
Stop worrying...you worry too much
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Big Decision...RH to LH...questions.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Big Decision...RH to LH...questions.

Well I just added the poll once it 4 pages
I did not know that.

I'm currently looking at a 101st LH at 60#. I currently shoot 65# right handed...is 5# enough difference?

That's difficult to say. You may have to get to a store and see what you can get back (on any lefty compound) and go from there.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, a bit of an update I suppose. I did a small quick experimental test this afternoon to see how shooting with both eyes open effected tension and pin/target clarification. I stood from about 10 yards away (still shooting right handed) and just picked a dot on the center of my bag with both eyes open. I was getting crazy double vision and very little peep/sight housing centering, but I kept it consistant. I could tell that I was able to blur the pin and immediately focus simply on the spot and ignore the pin float. Before with one eye closed I was ALWAYS watching that darn pin moving and it's intimidating, because I'm instinctively fighting that pin to get it to fall dead center instead floating. Needless to say, I felt more relaxed and was able to consistantly put the arrow where I was focusing (I didn't shoot the same spot more than once, I was just picking random dots on the bag and hitting them). This has me a bit more convinced to switch, and Matt I know you said it really is going to take dedication, but I know I'm willing to do this right, so I will be in contact with you if I do follow through with this.

EDIT: After some thinking, since I was experiencing more comfort shooting with both eyes open, but not able to get my sight housing and peep to align with each other, should I possibly try a blinder first?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for you to stay right handed, but thats only cause I want to give you a hell of a deal on my Commander, so that I can make the same switch you are talking about...I just found my new bow today...I think[8D]
Old 03-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

I voted for you to stay right handed, but thats only cause I want to give you a hell of a deal on my Commander, so that I can make the same switch you are talking about...I just found my new bow today...I think[8D]
Lol, so you're a businessman now huh? You have a PM bud.