Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Stay Right Handed...Improve Form
36.36%
Go Left Handed...start from scratch
54.55%
Use a blinder
0%
Stop worrying...you worry too much
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Big Decision...RH to LH...questions.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Decision...RH to LH...questions.

Matt, I am not sure if we had this talk, but I am in the same situation. and I already know that my next bow ( with in the next few months) will be left handed.
I've said it before and I'll stand behind it, any shooting coach worth his salt will not only suggest but presuade you to shoot to your dominant eye.

The coach that I currently have may or may not be worth his salt, but I will be taking this advise.[8D]
Old 03-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a lefty as well...But I shoot a bow right handed...Have not switched yet...If I do I'll be pulling 55 to 60 lbs...
Old 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't anticipate it being all that hard to make the switch. I actually hope that it is awkward..I am looking forward to being able to start all over and not have any old bad habits. Just another plus to the whole deal.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you close one eye it doesn't make a difference, only if you shoot with both eyes open does eye dominice make a diff. I am left eye dominate and shoot LH and it sucks being a south paw when tring out equipment because LH equiptment is not usually found on the shelf. Sometimes you can;t shoot bows or use equiptment until you buy it and than its too late and your stuck with it. I personally would make adjustments elsewhere as being left handed in archery just flat out sucks.[X(] Good Luck.

Bobby
Old 03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's better to shoot your natural way. All you have to do is build up your right shoulder and you'll be a better shooter and hunter.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM

i am lefteye dominant but have always shot rh and wish that i would have started Lh now. Every time i shoot the only way i can see my sights well is to force shut my left eye which in not a big deal. however when i open my left eye back up it is blurry. after an afternoon of shootin i get tired of wiping my eye open. Iwill continue to shoot rh though i am to old to change along with other problems like my bumb left shoulder.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made the switch this year, from right to left. Had good groups 2nd time out, and from there its almost like I have always been shooting left, it was really not a big deal.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

Matt, I am not sure if we had this talk, but I am in the same situation. and I already know that my next bow ( with in the next few months) will be left handed.
I've said it before and I'll stand behind it, any shooting coach worth his salt will not only suggest but presuade you to shoot to your dominant eye.

The coach that I currently have may or may not be worth his salt, but I will be taking this advise.[8D]
Nope, didn't know you were left eye dominant. Interesting.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 121553

If you close one eye it doesn't make a difference, only if you shoot with both eyes open does eye dominice make a diff. I am left eye dominate and shoot LH and it sucks being a south paw when tring out equipment because LH equiptment is not usually found on the shelf. Sometimes you can;t shoot bows or use equiptment until you buy it and than its too late and your stuck with it. I personally would make adjustments elsewhere as being left handed in archery just flat out sucks.[X(] Good Luck.

Bobby
Yeah that's also something I hate about closing one eye. It starts to make both blurry/watery over longer periods of shooting. However, you're point of it not making much of a difference is where I'm still hung up. Many people say it will, some people say you can shoot whatever and be fine, so I'm not sure.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many a World Class Archers out there shooting with their non dominate Eye!

There is 3 reasons to change your shooting hand to your dominate eye.
1. Is if your vision is actually noticeably weaker in your shooting eye, and have trouble focusing on the target.
2. For some reason you cant squint, close or cover you dominate eye.
3. If the top 2 dont pertain to you, the only benefit is a slightly larger field of view.

There is no doubt that some will shoot better when they switch hands to their dominate eye, but it is because they are paying more attention to the shot process (starting from scratch), and has nothing to do with the eye.

It's a simple fact, if your doing your part and your pin is on the bullseye when your release goes off, the arrow is going to hit where the pin was.

Most people's problem is with their shot process, not their eyeball!

Quick Reply: Big Decision...RH to LH...questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.