Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Groundbreaking Tip For Killing Mature Whitetails!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Groundbreaking Tip For Killing Mature Whitetails!

After over a decade of sitting in treestands picking my nose I have finally decided to reveal what up until now has been a highly guarded secret of many professional and top-end hunters. Some may become upset at me for revealing this "insider" tip but I feel it is my duty to help my fellow bowhunter become as successful as their hunting mentors.

So here it is -the bestsure fire way to increase the amount of mature bucks that you bag with your trusty bow and arrow is to make sure you hit them in the proper spot when the shot presents itself. This includes hitting them in the lungs and/or heart. The spine will also work, but it is not recommended by most girzzled mature buck hunters.

Shooting a mature buck anywhere other than these areas decreases your chances of being considered "The Man" in your hunting area,being able to cheat onyour score for the HNI buck contest, bragging to yourInternet friends for self-gratification, having a cool picture to put as your avatar, ,or being able to join the mile-high 900 inch club. All of which are important steps to becoming a successful hunter.

Missing a shot at a mature buck also decreases your chances as well, although at a much higher rate.

So there you have it folks. The secret to every big buck hunter's success - don't miss them.

This post has been fueled by Folgers Coffee and Friday afternoon syndrome.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Groundbreaking Tip For Killing Mature Whitetails!

LOL!!!! I love it!......Classic!!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Groundbreaking is right! I will have to write that down, right next to "hunt where they live". Thanks for all the insight.

Its so... simple. I'll be damned.

I have to admit though, Justin... I'm always "The Man", regardless.
Nontypical Buck

I know you (Justin) can attest to have failed on an occasion or 8... I know I can[&:]

Remember the weekend you sent 2 P@Y's runnin' scared. Good times.. good times.. good ole JoDavies and youth...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're not the man until you have a picture of yourself in your avatar with a big buck you've killed. All I've ever seen out of you is pictures in your Hollister t-shirts or makeup.

Sorry friend, but your "The Man" status is denied!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Site Buck Guru

I believe that in order to recieve your man card you have to shoot (and retrieve) a buck that grosses 130 or better.

If you MISS a mature buck your man card is revoked until you redeem yourself. Be careful, this could take years! [:-]
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't recall ever calling myself the man.

After all I'm just 1 man...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Justin

You're not the man until you have a picture of yourself in your avatar with a big buck you've killed. All I've ever seen out of you is pictures in your Hollister t-shirts or makeup.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Justin

Shut down.

[>:]

Kyle... I'm calling the post office and telling them to be sure to have their mail truck run over those arrows before delivery.

Quick Reply: Groundbreaking Tip For Killing Mature Whitetails!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.