Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Serrated broadheads..

Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Default Serrated broadheads..

I've shot the Magnus Stingers (with bleeders)and have no complaints on the head except what I felt was less blood on the ground than what other heads have done inidentical locations. Otherwise their penetration, tougness, flight is second to no other headI have used.

I have spoken with the owner of Magnus and he has told me that hands down, the serrated Buzzcut will do more damage, produce bigger holes and therefore better blood trails than the Stinger. He said this is the head he uses over the stinger. The serrations on the Buzzcut are unlike that of a knife, and each serrations acts as an individual COC head. I see no reason for him to promote this head to me other than the resharpening aspect, but for this he gave me exact instruction on how to sharpen the serrations rather than buying whole new blades.

SO what are your thoughts on serrated heads, pros, cons, experiences?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Serrated broadheads..

There's really no reason the guy is going to BS you, owner wouldn't do that. As for serrated you know my thoughts on them from our previous PM. You say there different then that of a knife, how so? I guess I've never seen the buzzcut. I was just giving my opinions from the experiences I've had with the serrated knives.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

My experiences with them were not that great. Just more to slow the arrow down on contactin my book
Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had a pack of 125gr Buzzcuts laying around for a year or two. I may just try to kill a turkey with them and see what I think. MNPurple, do you want me to send you one to try?