Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Jeff (GMMAT) actually beat me slightly to the punch with where he was taking my last thread...

If you didn't throw your two cents' worth in as a customer on my "Question for shop owners?" thread, let's run with it... and this should get LOTS more replies!! Everyone's welcome and wanted to participate!!

I think Jeff had some GREAT ideas on what he'd do to offer a value-added service as a shop owner... any other ideas? Here's your chance to "own the shop"... what would you do to bring a steady flow of traffic into your store? To set yourself apart? What's the one or two things you WISHED your shop offered or did differently?

On the flip side... what makes your shop GREAT? Why do you buy there as opposed to somewhere else? Any and all answers are welcome.

Again -- thanks in advance for what I think can be a GREAT discussion.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Bartender

Default RE: OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

I have become good friends over time with my shop ownersand you can get that at anybig box store.
We both I guess you could say are vested in each other. Make sense?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

good, friendly service. a range. people that know what theyre talking about. any product you could ever need.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

As a customer, first and foremost honesty and a sense the shop cares about me more than just making money from me. We don't even have to become best buddies, just respect me and I will respect him as well. In the longrun I am much more likely to buy products from him and use his services even if his inventory is not as great as a competitors who has a smug or bad attitude.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I haven't got the pleasure of having dealt with any smaller "pro shops". Anything that I have had done with my bow, has been from a large chain store type....worried about the money...type place.

So for me I would like to see a more personable experience, where you are more than just a dollar sign. Obviously everybody is in it to make a living, but have some care when you do things for somebody, they are spending money at your business. I have spent thousands of dollars at a certain store, dealing with the same people more than once, and I still don't feel like they could give a crap, and will just push whatever product I am looking at regardless of it if would be ideal for me or not.
I went in the middle of the week to shoot through the chrono, and one of the PT guys was helping me out with it. We were bs'ing the whole time, talking hunting and what not. Then along comes a white shirt that immediatly gets upset and asks him what he was doing. Then he explains to me that they usually charge for this, and it isn't exactly something you would be doing at a busy time like this. And starts to pack it up, explaining how expensive it was. It was wednesday, and other than they guy and his kid checking out bows with the other salesman, I was the only guy taking up any time. I didn't have a problem spendin a few bucks to get it tested..But the guy acted like a real jerk.

Not exactly the experience you want at a place you have spent a lot of your hard earned money. So I would say appreciate the business that you get.

Sorry if that was kind of run on, I guess you could say it was partially a vent too
Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Show a sincere interest in my needs/wants.
2. Show me that you love Archery.
3. Show me that you are willing to help without charging for every dang little thing. (Hospitals do this, not archery shops.)
4. Do Not try to sell me something just because you got stuck with it in your inventory. ("Oh, this is just what you need.") Pro shop, Not used car sales.
5. HONESTY.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not, thereis adealer inmy area that doesn't allow you to draw back a bow off the rack. He says its because he's had so many dry fires over the years. With this guys attitude/reputation, it wouldn't surprise me if people were doing it on purpose.

So for me it would be:

1) Let me shoot the bows, ALL of them if I want. I'm not dropping $1000-1500 becuase some guy said it shot great, I want to see for myself.

2) Don't look down on people if they are looking at the low to mid priced bows. They still need accessories and will often upgrade to a higher endone forbow #2, often the next season.

3) Don't tell me my bow will be ready on Friday if you know you won't get to it until Monday at the earliest. That pisses me off to no end, my shop is nearly an hour away, so its a major pisser when I have to make multiple trips.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

No limits im assuming....

Drawings for stuff, anything, hunting gear, gift cert., bows....

A range/ranges* indoor to atleast 30yrds for sight in, plus some indoor 3d's, and now get this... an Outdoor range for practice. maybe even hold shoots again giveaway the good stuff, not just to the winners but losers and inbetween too, make people wanna shoot, dont always let the best walk away with it all.

Makes friends and you will have business IMO. dont charge out the butthole so that you have to tap into savings for a new D-loop.lol

Old 03-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

No limits, buckmaster.

Whatever you guys can think of.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say.....customer service mostly.....

Quick Reply: OK, time for input from the CUSTOMERS... what would you love to see at your local shop?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.