Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G-5 and Ross

Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: G-5 and Ross

Hunt-up

The Quest Bow is Cardiac, my buddy was shooting one. It's the same bow, LOL
G5 has already stated these were ROSS parts that were not paid for.

Where is the picture of those 200'' antlers, I cannot wait any longer[8D]
Old 03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Hunt-up

If what you say is true the Ross's will become very wealthy people.
You can not sell another's parts ,paid for or not ,you can file suit for compensation but you can not sell another's property without a Court ruling.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Germ

Hunt-up

If what you say is true the Ross's will become very wealthy people.
You can not sell another's parts ,paid for or not ,you can file suit for compensation but you can not sell another's property without a Court ruling.
Note Andy Ross headed to detroit today, and G5 has filed suit against ROSS
Old 03-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with a couple people that work at Grace(G5) and they told me that they had over a Mill in unpaid parts.They also said that G5 got there investers to help out Ross but that didnt work,they still didnt pay.So under what ever agreement they made it gave G5 the right to make andsell the bows under their brand(Quest)Same bow as Ross made just a differant name.I also hereRoss may havesome issue with the IRS.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from the Pro Shop I deal with, just 1 mile from my home. Last weekend ROSS ARCHERY was to be at the shop both Saturday & Sunday. Well when I got to the shop I saw the new G5 Bow, but I didn't see any ROSS BOWS, and this shop is a dealer for Mathews, Hoyt, ROSS, PSE, and every bow out there. Anyway I asked my friend owner how did the weekend go with ROSS ARCHERY, he told me they never showed up, they never called, and when my friend called them, they have yet to return any of his calls. So he sent back all of the ROSS products including there bows, and he will not do business with them. He sees it this way, if they can't explaine themselves nor even call back then how can they back of there product. He is pissed at them, cause like he still says they make an excellent bow
Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

And they did not steal the ideas for Ross they created there own version
Huh?
LOL

Listen speculation is fun and all but there is a lot more to the story, and while some of what is being said is "on the right track" the details of alot of it are not.The problem is that the average person can't tell the difference. Even the recent post about the monetary value of withheld stock is way off from the number I was told.

I do have inside knowledge of what is going on right now with both parties, why the split went down etc. I can tell you that ROSS is not going out of business,G5isusing their intended stock of bows against ROSS's will (if you will) and I suspect had intention to do so for some time, and the rest is a bunch of legal and financial mumbo-jumbo right now that will probably never be admitted or agreed upon by either party.

Both feel they are in the right, and I suspect to a degree they have to feel that they arein the wrong as well,however IMO neither will admit that because business must move on and both will do what they can to save face and continue to prosper in a tough industry to make a living.
Both companies prior to this fiasco held respected and trusted brands within the industry and I suspect when the dust settles they will continue to hold that same status.

There will be more to come from ROSS, andI'm sure that youwill be interestedto see what direction the bows are taken now that G5 is essentially using the bows they intended to bring to their own customers and forcing ROSS to compete with the same exact equipment or redesign.

Crazy situation and hopefully I'll be able to share some of the recent happenings and direction of one or both companies as I can.

Don't ask, for now that's all I can share.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

Just got back from the Pro Shop I deal with, just 1 mile from my home. Last weekend ROSS ARCHERY was to be at the shop both Saturday & Sunday. Well when I got to the shop I saw the new G5 Bow, but I didn't see any ROSS BOWS, and this shop is a dealer for Mathews, Hoyt, ROSS, PSE, and every bow out there. Anyway I asked my friend owner how did the weekend go with ROSS ARCHERY, he told me they never showed up, they never called, and when my friend called them, they have yet to return any of his calls. So he sent back all of the ROSS products including there bows, and he will not do business with them. He sees it this way, if they can't explaine themselves nor even call back then how can they back of there product. He is pissed at them, cause like he still says they make an excellent bow
He should have to sent them(bows) to G5 and had them re-labled[&:]

Funny because during all this mess I was contacted by Angie Ross herself about my bow, and was assured it was coming.