Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Biggest whitetail buck

Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Biggest whitetail buck

What do you figure was the biggest buck (score wise) that you've ever seen hunting?

As for me I seen 2 different bucks (both 10 points) one evening the 1st week of deer hunting in mid September that were pretty identical in points and inches. I figured both would score in that 175" range, both were typical's.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Biggest whitetail buck

Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I saw an 8-pointer in PA hunting with Rob that would have gone 125-130". He was as close as 22 yds.

Other than that buck.....the two biggest ones I've seen are pictured behind me in my avatar.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting, 160 ish. But scouting I say a HUGE 200+ IDK non typical.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Last year I saw a mulie 190"+ and in 2006 I saw a whitetail that was 200"+ conservatively, a big NT. Both were in SK.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest one I have ever seen while hunting would probably be in the 170's.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

First year hunting in IL, first buck I had an oppportunity to shoot would have gone around 180". I muffed the whole thing, buck fever in a textbook fashion. He came in behind me, I had about 300 yards to watch him come, I froze the entire time he was coming in. Got to about 30 ayrds, tried to draw my bow, never took it off the EZ hanger. Got the bow off the hanger, moved the arm and it made the loudest most obnoxious squeak you've ever heard. Last I saw of that buck. He was a dandy.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's tough for me to even guess. The hunting around me was a lot better when I was younger, and could hunt everyday after school. I would see shooter bucks nearly every time out.

One buck in particular sticks out in my mind. I was sitting on the ground, on the edge of a creek bend overlooking a field. A big non-typical walks out of some tree's and starts heading my direction,going up the creek, along the edge of the field. He ended up being about 50 yards away, from right to left. I get into full draw, but it's just too far to shoot. I didn't have any calls so I just let him walk. The crazy part about the buck was the mass of points that came off his bases & burr area... Several of the points dropping down, like the Del Austin Sheds. Each base looked as thick as a softball. I have no idea of what he would have scored, but he was probably the most unique and possibly biggest scoring buck I've ever seen.

So that's my big buck story... I miss those days!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Last november, I had a 160-170 about 15 yds broadside, but I had not "earned" my buck yet. Oh well, it was awesome just to see him, and that morning alone I saw 8 different bucks chasing does.

It was by far my best hunt yet.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one in 2006 from the stand that was 180ish, never got w/in150 yards and never saw him again.

Quick Reply: Biggest whitetail buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.