Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Biggest whitetail buck

Old 03-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Biggest whitetail buck

I'm calling him a 160-170" World class 8 point. I have him on video and I'm trying to figure out a way to show you all. When I estimated him from the video, 10" g1, 12" g2's and 12" g3's, 22" main beams at least, 22 " spread.... mass to the tips.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'm calling him a 160-170" World class 8 point. I have him on video and I'm trying to figure out a way to show you all. When I estimated him from the video, 10" g1, 12" g2's and 12" g3's, 22" main beams at least, 22 " spread.... mass to the tips.
That is a dandy 8 Rob!! Wow!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

biggest seen while hunting was around 160" it was 17 yards from me standing broadside, i had a muzzleloader with a scope and everything that could have gone wrong did, i never even got the shot (long story) he just walked out of my life.My biggest kill was 159" and some change.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

He is Shultzy, had him at 60 yards for a friend. I was tagged out. He's simply majestic when he lazily swung his head and walked. I was in awe and honored to share that short time with him on his own turf.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

He is Shultzy, had him at 60 yards for a friend. I was tagged out. He's simply majestic when he lazily swung his head and walked. I was in awe and honored to share that short time with him on his own turf.
Thats what its all about Rob, well said!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Biggest I saw was probablly around 170". Big non-typical that was running on the farm up the road. I was tagged out and just sitting in a stand with my grandfather keeping him company when I saw him stand up in a 1/4 acre patch of brush right off the side of the road. Dual drop tines and split G-2's. I would have swore that he was a 200" deer when I saw him but when I got home and got to calculating, I guessed that he was a high 160" to low 170" buck.

Largest buck I have seen was an easy 180" typical while spotting. He was on an old mine property heading into a large patch of woods owned by a doctor that has it posted up tight. Rumor has it the doctor has the center of these woods hollowed out with a massive foodplot in it. This is around where the owner of the shop I shoot at got his 186" non-typical a while back.

These were both in Indiana County, Pennsylvania
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

biggest while hunting... 160 1/8

scouting... around 170. One from this area and 24 years ago in another.

sheds from the biggest buck with a conservative18" inside spread... 161

Tim
Old 03-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I lost a 170 + 10pt with my stick bow in 1995....I shoulder bladed him....It was a night I will never forget...

The 10 yard radius where he stood smelled like someone took 10 gallons of tinks and poured it on the ground....

The body size of this deer? Like nothing I've ever seen...when you go from 3.5 to 5.5 years old you've entered the heavy weights...I wrote a story about that night...

Old 03-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a giant about 10 yrs ago while hunting out of state that I would guess was in the 250-300 class nontypical. I never did get a shot at him and saw him a couple times in a three year period. But I did video tape him throu my spotter and that is a piece of video that really gets guys going no matter who I show,even many years later. Huge bladed brow tines in that 13-14 inch range, large 12-14 inchdrops "one side has a big ball on the end. Extremly wide, probably 24 inside with giant long thick beams and to many points to count on each side. To this day itis by far the largest buck I've ever seen on video except for the Albia buck.Then he disapeared and we never saw or heard anything about him again.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

I saw a giant about 10 yrs ago while hunting out of state that I would guess was in the 250-300 class nontypical. I never did get a shot at him and saw him a couple times in a three year period. But I did video tape him throu my spotter and that is a piece of video that really gets guys going no matter who I show,even many years later. Huge bladed brow tines in that 13-14 inch range, large 12-14 inchdrops "one side has a big ball on the end. Extremly wide, probably 24 inside with giant long thick beams and to many points to count on each side. To this day itis by far the largest buck I've ever seen on video except for the Albia buck.Then he disapeared and we never saw or heard anything about him again.
All I can say is wow!!

Quick Reply: Biggest whitetail buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.