Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Biggest whitetail buck

Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Biggest whitetail buck

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

Last november, I had a 160-170 about 15 yds broadside, but I had not "earned" my buck yet. Oh well, it was awesome just to see him, and that morning alone I saw 8 different bucks chasing does.

It was by far my best hunt yet.
Must be talking about earn a buck tag? Now thats gotta bite!!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest i have seen is 150". He is now hanging on my wall. Got him with a rifle tho.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a buck when I first started bow hunting that the antlers were much wider than his body. many nontyp. points lots of mass. I really have no Idea what he would have scored. I have seensomeothers 130 up to around 160.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive seen 2 that were in the 140's if i had to guess, one was a 9 point in texas on my last day of the hunt. He was about 35 yards out but i just didnt feel comfortable with the shot.
The second was a typical 8 thati had scouted out this past early season. He was bedding back in between some houses and would come down one trail most mornings about an hour after light. Well after waiting for the conditions to be perfect, i got all set up and waited. NOTHING! about an hout and a half later, i see a deer coming, then 2, then 3, turns out to be some does, which i had seen come down the trail before on mornings he had come, so i was psyched. I figured they were being fashionably late. Well half hour after that, i hear a twig snap below me and i turn to see its him! He is about 8 yards away quartering away, moving from behind me towards the my front on my left side. SLAM DUNK. I already had him on my wall! Well it was a dead quiet morning with no wind and i drew back and i guess he heard the arrow slide on the rest[:'(]. He bounded off 3jumps and started looking around. He was still 20 yards away broadside, but behind some brush, so i had no shot. Then he walked off. Never saw him again all season.

Other than those 2, i have seen a couple in the high 1teens, maybe one pushing 120, and the largest that came within range was 114 inch 6 point.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Site Buck Guru

The biggest I've seen was a 195+ 12 point typical w/10" drop tine and a 24+ spread. He also had the largest body I've ever seen. Saw him in Wisconsin.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

The largest buck I've ever seen while hunting was a typical 12 point with at least a 22" inside spread. At the time I saw him I had no clue on how to score deer so it would be hard for me to say for sure. Going from memory I have every confidence he was 170"+. It looked like he had a rocking chair on his head.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The largest was a 10 point that would have scored around 130-140. I stopped him while he was chasing a hot doe, actually the third buck that was on her trail. He jumped across the creek bed to my side, came right down my pathto about 12 yards lookingdead at me. I was at full draw just waiting for him to quarter. He spun and ran in one move w/o offering a shot.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would guess 160s
Old 03-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the big 19pt on the right come by my stand in Oct. 2006 at 25yds, butdidn't get a shot b/c he was chasing a doe and I didn't want to take a running shot. I yelled as loud as I could but he didn't stop until he was 40yds away behind some brush. That was the last day I saw him until my buddy got him during the shotgun season. He grossed 209". That was the most I have ever been that shook up in my life. I wanted to cry!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Site Buck Guru

No doubt! Nice bucks!

Quick Reply: Biggest whitetail buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.