Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do your top 5 bucks score?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do your top 5 bucks score?

821 top 5, 954 top 6. All private land with a bow.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

821 top 5, 954 top 6. All private land with a bow.

Very impressive once again!! Dang there are some damn good buck hunters here on HNI!!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

My top 5 total 856 public and private lands
That is a huge total! What were some of your largest ones?? Were they bow kills, gun kills or both?? It doesn't matter, they're still huge!!
my biggest was 228 158 157 twice and 156 all rifle kills
Old 03-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

My top 5 total 856 public and private lands
That is a huge total! What were some of your largest ones?? Were they bow kills, gun kills or both?? It doesn't matter, they're still huge!!
my biggest was 228 158 157 twice and 156 all rifle kills
Wow! Nice job.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM

thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanks
Thats unbelievably impressive!!!!!!!!!!! 228" is a buck of a lifetime! Your other bucks are excellent as well. Your doing something right with the quality of animals your getting, kudo's to you! I looked at that thread you posted on the banquet you were at. Man was there some impressive animals in there. That bear that scored 21 8/16 now thats a hog of a head.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:28 PM

The bear was huge i wish i had taken a better picture of it as of this year that bear ranks as 10th our number one bear in MB is 22 4/16

Our area that i hunt in is know for growing some pretty good whitetails I have seen 2 others of the same caliber as the one i got the first i was moose hunting with my dad and didn't expect to see many deer where we were going so i tagged out,I watched a 200" non typ from 15 yards walk past me he never even knew i was there. The second i seen while i was guiding some deer hunters I can't hunt while guiding he just walked off into the woods both images are burned into my mind forever.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bear was huge i wish i had taken a better picture of it as of this year that bear ranks as 10th our number one bear in MB is 22 4/16

Our area that i hunt in is know for growing some pretty good whitetails I have seen 2 others of the same caliber as the one i got the first i was moose hunting with my dad and didn't expect to see many deer where we were going so i tagged out,I watched a 200" non typ from 15 yards walk past me he never even knew i was there. The second i seen while i was guiding some deer hunters I can't hunt while guiding he just walked off into the woods both images are burned into my mind forever.
I bet they are!! Thats nuts.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

A buddy of mine killed a Manitoba Spring Bear that weighed 530# skull scored 22 2/16" I believe. We were hunting with Ed Balan. I'm gonna miss Ed. He passed on with a heart attack over a year ago.

Dan
Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

228" definetly helps your final number great buck man, by the way the rest of them are pretty nice too.

Quick Reply: What do your top 5 bucks score?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.