Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Better than the Cosmic!

Old 02-15-2003, 01:21 AM

Default Better than the Cosmic!

I was checking out the Cosmic sight on the Impact website because I am considering buying one after all the good comments on this board when I noticed the Trio sight. The Trio appears to have the same ultra bright pin set-up as the cosmic in a three pin sight instead of an adjustable single pin. Amazingly I can' t find anything anywhere on the internet or this forum about the Trio sight. Maybe it' s a brand new item but I really can' t believe it hasn' t caused some buzz. Does anybody have any experience with this sight. I couldn' t even find anywhere that sells it or a price.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:56 AM

Default RE: Better than the Cosmic!

i am not familer with either sight but i just changed back to a single pin adj. site. that is what i would recomed as long as you can adj. while at full draw. my sight master can.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the SME Hybrid Bighorn it is as bright as the Cosmic and more rugged. Len turned me onto it! It is a great sight!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:09 PM

Impact updated their website for their 2003 catalog and the Trio is new. Has anybody out there seen it? I' m going to call Impact tommorrow.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:58 PM
pup

i saw it in a mag it looks like it would be about the brightest fixed pin hunting sight out there.. but i bet the pins would be aweful bright to use for target.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:47 PM

Pup,

What do you mean by too bright for target shooting? Isn' t a bright sight go for everything? What exactly happens with a sight that is too bright, can you not see the ten ring? I' m not arguing with you, I really don' t know.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:59 PM

Cabelas, I don' t know about pup, but i tend to get a halo effect around small bright pins when used in sunlight. this makes the pins seem much larger than they are and blocks out the tenring.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Basically,this is an improved three pin cosmic.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:28 AM

Cab4T,
I have the Cosmic on my bow and am shooting 3 spot Fita league and it IS TOO BRIGHT! With the indoor flourescent lighting I can barely see the ten ring. Not so much Halo effect as just a big diameter fiber and very bright pin.I still use it cause I really am only practicing to hunt. I would think it would be great for outdoor 3D....but I don' t know...haven' t tried it. The 3 pin looks like a nice sight too.

Silentassasin,
SME no longer exists. The guy that held the patent on some of their stuff has a new co. called Vital Bow Gear. They do have some cool stuff.