Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker biscuit malfunction

Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker biscuit malfunction

okieboy have you seen my review on the g5 drop away rest i still love it its quite and well made

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2672820&mpage=1&key=&#267733 4
Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Whisker biscuit malfunction
That's almost an oxymoron isn't it???[8D]
Old 03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never heard of a WB experiencing "catastrophic failure", they are normally rock solid rest... For hunting, I've used one for years without incident...

Personally, I'd just buy another biscuit and call it good...
Old 03-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

used one for 6 yrs without a malfunction,the only reason I went to a DROPZONEwas to shoot FOB's,other then that I would still be useing the WB,if I get a backup compound I will put the WB on it.....I only gained 1-2 fps going to a dropaway and that was taken thru my chrono.....
Old 03-14-2008, 11:53 AM

I'd think a drop away with all those moving parts is going to be a lot more susceptable to a "catastrophic failure" than a biscuit. Call them up and they'll probably send you a new insert for free then put some blue Loc-Tite on the screws when you put it in and forget about it.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Okieboy

Yea AR, it really surprised me....I got out late last evening to pop off a few shots and the very first shot the semi circular ring that holds the biscuit had busted at the base and was a couple of yards downrange. The biscuit fell straight down......I was thinking that this would really suck if I had been out in the middle of nowhere and it decided to piece out on me. I have my eye on that Trophy Taker FC........my wife's gonna be really mad.
Okieboy,

That is really strange and definitely NOT the norm. Whisker Biscuits as usually very reliable, to a fault almost. Obviously something was not right. Was it possible the plastic shroud was cracked where the two retaining screws hold it in? I remember one time a few years back I over tightened one and it cracked the plastic. That still doesn't account for the actual biscuit falling out. I suspect the retaining screws were loose. The two flush Allen head screws in the back hold the biscuit to it's aluminum base while the two tapered Allen head screws in the front hold on the plastic trim ring. Both put force against each other to form a pretty sturdy platform to shoot from.

If any of them are loose....very loose, I can see something like this happening, However it's highly unlikely. I suspect something else is at play here.