Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any experience with loggers.....

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any experience with loggers.....

Does anybody haveexperience with loggers stealing their stands?

Some property that i hunt was logged a few weeks ago. Yesterday i was looking for sheds and walked up to where my stand was and of course the tree was cut down and my stand was gone. I know who's name was on the logging equipment so i am thinking about giving him a call. Yes i know that loggers buy the trees they cut down, but they dont buy the stands that are in them
Old 03-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any experience with loggers.....

Did you talk to the landowner? Maybe the loggers brought the stand to them?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Gotta ask.....didnt your landowner tell you they were gonna log the area? Did you have time to get your stand down.....or did they cut a tree down they shouldn't have?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

If I knew that the property was going to be cut I'd be out there in a hurry taking down stands. Sorry to say, but I believe it got yoinked.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Gotta ask.....didnt your landowner tell you they were gonna log the area? Did you have time to get your stand down.....or did they cut a tree down they shouldn't have?
no i was not told that it would be logged.....and yes it was a good tree to be logged.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You got to find out man call them up and ask them if they know of anyone taking it.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not taking the side of the loggers here, but it is amazng how many deer stands (abandoned or otherwise) that can be found in even small patches of woods. In such instances, they probably dont have time to track down who owns what. But that is no excuse for taking them, they should just leave them lay since, as someone pointed out, they are only buying the timber.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not loggers - but pipeliners...

When we were kids, the gas companywas re-workinga small gas line through my homeboy's property- andsomebodysnatched our ginseng patch (worth around $1K). I guess that'sall part of the game.The reality is thatanytime you have people wandering around unsupervised- there's always a chance that they might see something they like... *Poof.* Gone.

Really sucked, b/c I had some transplanted plants in there that wereprobably 40+ years old and irreplaceable.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Loggers don't have time to try and track down who's stand it is...They move in, get their timber and move out...It's not their fault...

As Lance said, they see stands all the time...Sounds like you need to have better a better relationship with the land owner...
Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

As another consideration, lots of times you will get landowners that let lots of people come in and cut firewood from the tree tops that are left behind by loggers. One of them could be the culprit if the stand was actually left sitting on the ground by loggers.

Quick Reply: Any experience with loggers.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.