Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's gonna be the first?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who's gonna be the first?

So the difference is the cost of the product and not the principle?

I think Manson is selling sef-portrait pencil sketches on index cards. $5 apiece. Get 'em while they're hot!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So the difference is the cost of the product and not the principle?

I think Manson is selling sef-portrait pencil sketches on index cards. $5 apiece. Get 'em while they're hot!
I wouldn't say that its not the principle, Jeff.

But in a way, when a product becomes so expensive that it isn't affordable for the average person, where do we draw the line? Especially when the (in this thread/example) the most recent price jump was so that a company could get their name on a car?

I realize that we all have the right to refuse to buy, I know. But if I like the product, could afford the product easily last year, and the price jumps up $50-100 the next year... Its going to make me want to not buy that product.

But, lets not get into this again. I stayed out of the last one, so...
Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kinda funny how a thread NEVER stays on topic......
Old 03-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

NASCAR racing is a lot more than a series of left turns. It's a chess game on wheels.
Can I revoke my last e-mail where I said you were a smart guy??

And I suppose the drivers are "Athletes".
Old 03-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

If I remember correctly I think Mathews also sponsored a lower Nascar series car briefly or something like that,
Probably the car was so slow everyone was catching it when they lapped it. Didn't quite go along with the "Catch us if you can" adds. LOL
Old 03-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

But in a way, when a product becomes so expensive that it isn't affordable for the average person, where do we draw the line?
At what we can afford???

But if I like the product, could afford the product easily last year, and the price jumps up $50-100 the next year... Its going to make me want to not buy that product.
Happens all the time. Our favorite vacation spot has gone up 80%/night since we started going there in 2004. But....they stay full. We booked this week for an October trip. When the demand falls.....so will the prices. See....we really can't expect for companies to sell us a product for a low price.....just because they CAN.

I'll refrain, too, Dan. Have a good weekend.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

And I suppose the drivers are "Athletes".
Bob you never miss an opportunity to try and put words in my mouth. Why is that?

No. I don't consider them "athletes". "Athleticism" as an advantage? Sure. Who are you talking about, specifically? As I sit here....I'm having trouble recalling anyone like the Bakers and Pearson types in the "sport", today.

But....it's easy to make fun of something you know little or nothing about.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Little or nothing about??? How did I get to work?? How will I get home?? and imagine this..somtimes I have to turn right. I may be over qualified!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Little or nothing about??? How did I get to work?? How will I get home?? and imagine this..somtimes I have to turn right. I may be over qualified!
HAH!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Remember that next time someone watches a kid sit 200yds form a deer in a box blind (heated, of course)and shoot a 170" buck over a feeder on a 58deg. morning hunt (first day of).....inside a high fenceon TV......and asks you if that's the way you "Hunt".

It's hunting, right? That's what you do, right?

Quick Reply: Who's gonna be the first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.