Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do I struggle??

Old 03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do I struggle??

i cant shoot without a kisser, thats the way i learned, thats the way i will die with.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I just wish I could do the work on simple things like adding a D loop myself. Self sufficiency is crucial I think when it comes these things. Instead, I have to wait and take 35 min. up the road on sat!!
This may sound simplistic but you should just start doing these things yourself. D-loops, peeps, stuff like that, even if you do it wrong you won't hurt anything. Same with tuning your bow. Make some adjustments to the rest and see what the arrow does (15yds max range or youmay be looking for your arrow ). Back your DW off 2 turns and see what the arrow does. These things will show youhow weak/stiff spines react when being shot. It is the off season, you have until august before you really need to have things exact.

Trust me when I tell you that the fear of not knowing exactly what to do is keeping you from finding out that it is pretty easy.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

VA, I'm no expert but my "advise" (take it for what it's worth but this is from personal experience) is similar to everyone elses:

Check your equipment first of all and make sure it's all in specs, arrows are correct for your set-up, etc. Sometimes tiller adjustments can help.

If all that is cool, then make sure your anchor is consistent and that you have no torque issues. Also make sure you don't punch the target and make sure you follow thru (especially on the long shots).

Are you having problems holding steady? If so, maybe you need a heavier, out-front type stablizer.

If you think it's a good shot and everythingfelt right, does it still end up being way off? I know right off if I missed the mark, usually my pin wasn't settled at the release assuming release was smooth.

Lastly, if all other remedies are tried and don't work, maybe a more forgiving bow should be considered?

Just more food for thought, good luck and have fun.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Guys this ia all great advice and I will try these things. It just seems like when I get everything in order, something else screws with me. for instance, now my D loop is turning and twisting and my peep gets all turned and I have to turn it before I shoot. I just wish I could do the work on simple things like adding a D loop myself. Self sufficiency is crucial I think when it comes these things. Instead, I have to wait and take 35 min. up the road on sat!!
If your loop is changed on the string to throw your peep off straight... it sounds like you have some string stretch going on.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 AM

Let me second the advice to number your arrows. One of my Axis FMJ arrows got damaged near the nock somewhere along the way. After awhile I started noticing that arrow #3 seemed to always be the flier in what was otherwise a good group. Careful inspection revealed the damage.

Also, I get the impression that the PSE X Force might not be as forgiving as some other bows with less impressive IBO stats. You also might be over-bowed, in terms of draw weight - or just struggling with the somewhat harsh draw cycle necessary to get these speeds. You might be better off with a more pleasant bow that doesn't have as much speed. For shooting out to 40 yards, there isn't much difference in actual performance on game.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:37 AM

I think the X Force is a difficult bow to shoot. I have been pulling70# for years, i have no issues with draw weight, Im just not used to a 6" brace. I went from a parker Hunter Mag to this. Granted the Hunter Mag had a 3" overdraw, it was still not a speed bow. I will definatley go threw my arrows and find out if one or many are deffective. I did nock off a nock a week ago with another arrow. I had it for sale and took off the market when I got it tuned and stuff. I was shooting pretty good, and then bam!!! Im dealing with insecurities.... I think I will go to the pro shop tomorrow afternoon and see if they can inspect my bow from ata. If things are not right, then I will get it fixed. If I still can't shoot it, then it's outta here. I need to be comfortable. I bought this bow b/c the other pro shop told me it was the only bow he knew of that could allow me to shoot with one pin out to 25 yds. he said my 26" draw was too short for any other bow. I wanted a Bowtech Gaurdian, I bought this bow and never even heard about it.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

VA BOWMAN SOUNDS LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IM JUST SHOOTING THROUGH IT BLOODY TARGET PANIC
Old 03-14-2008, 10:44 AM

How do you know when you have it??
Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you know when you have it??
You will tend to panic when on target.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 AM

With the 26" draw length, have you thought about a Bowtech Equalizer?

Quick Reply: Why do I struggle??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.