Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

After the recent divorce from Ross, it appears they are making their own bow. It's called the Cardi... I mean the Quest. LOL

http://g5outdoors.com/news/article.php?id=15
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Default RE: Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

And so it begins.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

This is going to be interesting. Frankly, I hope if it is true that G5 stole Ross' design that they get sued for everything they are worth. It's a pretty cheap tactic if you ask me.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Acording to the Ross forum it was ross who left g5 to hopefuly keep up with demands and quality. I havent heard anyting about stealing a design. I think both companys produce some real quality products, and Im very intersted to see what the g5 bow is going to look like.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79
I think both companys produce some real quality products, and Im very intersted to see what the g5 bow is going to look like.
x2
Old 03-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

G5 gas some great products, i wouldnt imagine there bow being any less....
Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

This is going to be interesting. Frankly, I hope if it is true that G5 stole Ross' design that they get sued for everything they are worth. It's a pretty cheap tactic if you ask me.
Doyou have any idea how many designs each and every bow company has stolen from another. The engineers bounce around companys and trade secrets go with them. This is would not be the first time, nor would it be the last.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Doyou have any idea how many designs each and every bow company has stolen from another. The engineers bounce around companys and trade secrets go with them. This is would not be the first time, nor would it be the last.
Yeah, but from the announcement I read from G5, not only are they using Ross design, they are using the risers that were manufacutred for Ross. Again, not only design, the actual riser.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:13 AM

Somehow using the risers from Ross' bows doesn't add up.

Unless the rest of the components add up to over a pound, I don't know if I'd believe it just yet.

31 and 33 inch single cambows weighing 3.9 and 4.1 pounds respectively. How much do the Ross bows weigh?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

This was posted last night by a G5 rep: [/align][/align]QUOTE: For obvious reasons we at Grace Engineering/G5 cannot divulge all the details of the breakdown of this relationship. This is and has always been a payment issue. In this case Grace/G5 did not plan a takeover as is being suggested. It takes a tremendous capitol investment in materials, people and machinery to be able to keep a constant flow of finished parts to a bow company. A few weeks ago the latest investors, who had been helping Ross pay Grace Engineering, completely pulled away from Ross Archery. This has left Grace Engineering/G5 with a tremendous amount of inventory, much of which has been dramatically improved by G5's design team, to sell through our loyal dealer network. Now that this a G5 product line you will see a bow that we are proud of that is Designed to Hunt. I know this won't be enough of an answer for some, but the simple answer is that this was a payment issue. Since we at G5 are bowhunters like you, we look forward to this opportunity to make some great bows now and long into the future.UNQUOTE[/align][/align]Now why they didn't get paid is up for debate.Supposedly, the newQUEST's are being shipped anytime to dealers. [/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.