Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

You could potentially have 2 exact bows on the shelf (except maybe for string supplier, and some color differences) with 2 completely different brand and model names.
You mean like a Ross and a Mathews??????
Old 03-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

You mean like a Ross and a Mathews??????
You know I don't see Mathews when I look at a ROSS. and I have sort of an inside view of them beyond this whole saga because I am friends with a guy who was with ROSS' former rep group. I've handled and shot a bunch.
ROSS is sort of a conglomeration of some of the better selling points of several different lines. (I don't know what if anything is THEIRS or if it all a matter of royalties to bring what they feel is a superior product?)
They have Winner's Choice strings / cables.....which was a plus, pivoting locking limb pockets like Bowtech/Diamonds,teflon cable slide, a suppressor system similar to Hoyt's, the cam system is probably their own design but at this point a single cam is pretty much a single cam when comparing a lot of bows. This one draws pretty nice and is modular and no perimeter weighting so it's unlike Mathews.

So the differences with Mathews are, string, cable, limb pockets, cam profile and design, modules and conventional cable rod and teflon slide instead of a roller guard, grip and string suppressor...........geometry, one cam,and performance are pretty much the only things I see in common with Mathews.

Lets face it once you separate the groups into single cam, binary cam, dual cam, hybrid or Cam 1/2..........and then further conventional limbs vs, split liimbs, VS center pivot limbs.........everything is picking nits.