Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

Old 03-14-2008, 11:12 AM

Default RE: Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

HMMM Very interesting. The way it sounds like to me is that G5 was left holding a ton of parts from the ROSS bows and decided to take them and create their own bow. Is this how everyone else is understanding this?
Old 03-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep

Questions is why? payment was the issue, was it because they could not pay or would not pay?
The above is what the lawyers will decide[&:]

In 2006 I had no issue getting my LH ROSS, In 2007 ROSS went with G5, I could not get a LH Cardiac to save my life. In 2008 ROSS moved away from G5, I got a Cardiac in just under two weeks.

What does not make sense is G5 did not just say, "We have a bunch of parts, lets build a bow". This had to be planned out at least a year in advance. We start up at least 2 company's a year. Just the website takes 6 months to build and deploy.

1.Get a spec
2.Write it.
3.Look at, change everything on it, even though they wanted it that way.
4.Repeat step 3 at least twice
5.Send it to legal
6.repeat step 3 again
7.deploy it

G5 has been planning this early 2007 IMO, and being the issues they had with the Stryker and did not disclose, I am skeptical of their version of events. I believe they are telling about truth about no payment, just not the truth as to why. IMO
Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM

Interesting to see all this on AT, hereand one or two other web sites. So much dirty laundry the attorneys are the only ones that are going away fat and happy. The truth will be a long time coming on who did what to whom with all this.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like all coins there are two sides to this story, and both have some odor to them,
Building a bow because you have some risers around is like Goodyear building cars because of some spare tires laying around.[:-]
Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 AM

This is an interesting story. One or both of the companies are not telling the whole story here. I agree that G5 had to have been planning this, but why would they take spare parts they had from another companies design and think they could use them without legal reprecussions. It will be very interesting to see how this shakes out.

Hey maybe G5 is taking PSE's R&D approach. Or maybe I should say R&C (research and copy)
Old 03-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Well, I think one thing is for certain. NO WAY is anyone affiliated going to speak on a public internet forum as to what is REALLY going on. No way. Just aren't gonna do it.

That's why I don't hold much stock in what I read on the internet, and what I hear. The truth is held to EXTREME secrecy, and nobody will ever know what really went down, just what the end result was.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well, I think one thing is for certain. NO WAY is anyone affiliated going to speak on a public internet forum as to what is REALLY going on. No way. Just aren't gonna do it.

That's why I don't hold much stock in what I read on the internet, and what I hear. The truth is held to EXTREME secrecy, and nobody will ever know what really went down, just what the end result was.
You know this does make sense. I wasn't aware that they had such a heated legal battle, but the statement that was posted by Ross was pretty much the same message that Germ got from talking to G5 and Ross, but then again, they both might be giving "standard" explanations.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: passthru79

Im very intersted to see what the g5 bow is going to look like.
They'll look about like this.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:53 PM
dws

This kind of makes me think I should stock up on the montecs I like so well. You never know what might happen.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everyone needs to give ROSS, Andy and Angie a fair shake in this.........There is a lot more that will come out I'm sure,including a new direction for ROSS archery. It's a complicated story that I am still trying to sort out myself from an insider's perspectivebut rest assured ROSS is not closing their doors.

As for G5? Essentially these are going to be the bows that ROSS intended to provide to it's customers with different logos and graphics. The picture that Matt/TN posted is pretty much what G5 is going to market as "their" bow now with their witheld stockpile of ROSS inventory. This is going to put ROSS in a weird spot of defending what they feel is theirs as well as what looks like bringing out THEIR bows again which will be the "Original" version. They will essentially take a stand I'm sure that G5's bows are "knockoff" ROSS models.

You could potentially have 2 exact bows on the shelf (except maybe for string supplier, and some color differences) with 2 completely different brand and model names.
Consumers will have to decide if they want the "Original" or the G5 version.

Fun stuff.

Quick Reply: Suprise, Suprise ... G5 Quest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.