Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech questions

Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech questions

Legalized monopoly. Exactly mobow.

Ben - I'll never be able to definitively ascertain what cost/profit is "fair" (subjectively) unless I had all the information in my hands (which will never happen). By failing to disclose that information, we can reasonably presume that the manufacturer is afraid that those numbers could be potentially damaging to their reputation - or reflective of profit-taking that many (probably including me)could construe as being"unfair." Which is precisely why they're all avoiding this thread like the plague - hoping that it goes away a.s.a.p.

You'll learn this as you go on in life: Watch what people do. And follow the money.

You can learn a lot from somebody's action (or in-action, as is the case here).

The archery business is a slimy thing. Anyone who's been around it knows that. There are some absolutely ruthless people out there sucking up every available penny, with no regard for the customer whatsoever. I just think it's high time that consumers start to get their act together and quit gettingtaken to the cleanersat every turn in the road.

Phil... Seriously. Stop. You're bringing a Shih Tzu to a dogfight here.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quik,
But haven't we been conditioned to believe with higher price comes something?? I mean if Bowtech for instance suddenly dropped the price to $399 across the board. This in itself would turn some people off. Heck there are good bows out there that would probably do better if they asked more.

We think geez a Bear for $499 or a Bowtech for $749. I don't wanna get screwed I better buy the best. Obviously the Bear can't compete with the Bowtech or they'd ask more. I'm not saying this is reality, I'm saying it's perception.

Cuz best = most expensive
Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Cuz best = most expensive
Not if you buy a used bow .
Old 03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Legalized monopoly.
To believe this....you'd HAVE to assume that everyone HAD to have THAT mfr's bow. There are MANY, MANY choices out there! Just walk away!

Ben - I'll never be able to definitively ascertain what cost/profit is "fair" (subjectively) unless I had all the information in my hands (which will never happen).
And if you did have the information.....you're saying the old Quikster could "fairly" determine a "Fair" profit? What percentage would that be??????? Let's get to that.

Which is precisely why they're all avoiding this thread like the plague - hoping that it goes away a.s.a.p.
I'm a businessman....and I'm not avoiding it. It's downright funny if you asked me!

The archery business is a slimy thing. Anyone who's been around it knows that. There are some absolutely ruthless people out there sucking up every available penny, with no regard for the customer whatsoever.
How petty! Just don't buy their stuff! This reminds me of the guys in HSwho would start rumors about girls that wouldn't go out with them.....lol

Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Jeff, I see that we just have two conflicting philosophies.

My brain just doesn't compute why somebody would enjoy paying more than they have to. Yours apparently does. Kudos to you. Buy everything Jeff. I really don't care. Maybe ask if you're allowed to pay double. Flash the bling. LOL

Everybody knows that I'm not making this stuff up. My PM box is loaded with comments from people who I barely even know - telling me that I'm 100% dead on. Again - just calling a spade a spade. Unlike a lot of guys on this site - I have no vested interest. The octopus doesn't have its tentacles in my pockets - and I'm not angling for anything - so I'm free to speak openly.

gr8 - this all goes back to the "cheap gear" thread. I swear, there wereguys whowere basically just gloating about how much money they sunk on gear that they probably didn't need in the first place. "I only buy the BEST." LMAO Some guys feel the need to flash their wad, and a lot of this whole phenomenon speaks to that. I'm obviously not programmed that way, so I'll never understand it. People have different ways of stroking their ego, I suppose.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Well Jeff, I see that we just have two conflicting philosophies.
Yes. That'll probably become most evident when we pull the voting lever this fall.

My brain just doesn't compute why somebody would enjoy paying more than they have to.
And mine doesn't understand why you think you're somehow "entitled" to priveledged information. If you think a price for a given product is exhorbitant......JUST WALK AWAY.

Yeah, Fran.....I enjoy paying double. FYI....I bought my '03 GMC a year old and saved $19K off the new, sticker price. I paid $1K (no typo, there) for my Jeep. I live in a 30+ yr old house. You don't know a thing about me.

You're dead on on what? Wanting to know???? OK....you're dead on for wanting to know (hell everyone has an inquisitive side). You're so far in left field it's ridiculous thinking you're entitled to it.

The octopus doesn't have its tentacles in my pockets - so I'm free to speak openly.
Speak freely, Fran. What are you implying?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: quicksilver

Bold proclaimations such as these are what makes the King the King. The King is not afraid to call a spade a spade. It's why he commands the respect of his peers.
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

People have different ways of stroking their ego, I suppose.
Yeah, they sure do!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
I swear, there wereguys whowere basically just gloating about how much money they sunk on gear that they probably didn't need in the first place.
I would guesstimate that 92% of the threads and posts on hereor any publiconline forumare someone gloating... might even be about how their bow is the best and is more inexpensive[8D]

Also, private companies do not have to disclose their financial statements. Very, very few, if any,would make it public what profit/losses they were operating at. The reasoning is generally to keep the info from the competitors, not the customers.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't ya'll think he (Quik)may just be practicing his trade a bit. Sure he wanted some info. It wasn't available now he's arguing his "case".

When you want legal help you gonna go to a guy that takes the opposition at face value or challenges thier stance?

How much for a retainer??
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Slow day at the office boys? lol
Gr8, do you sell to other companies? Can you send me a line card for your aluminum extrusions? Custom?
Quick, gotta love it huh? Did you pee in ant hills when you were younger to get them riled up?
Jeff, I do agree that we allhave the right to refuse.
I kind of see things from both sides here I guess, and it makes me glad Ilive in the good ol U-S of A!!
Good Day gentlemen!
Dandbuck

Quick Reply: Bowtech questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.