Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cheaters

Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cheaters

I have never been a tournament bass angler, but have grown up around the sport as it pretty much surrounds me. When I was about 18 years old, I started taking notice in the fall of the year the vast increase in litter on the river. The early fall is when I am brushing my duck blinds... it is also the final money rounds in several local clubs and federation districts leading up to qualifications for some of the BASS federation tournaments.

Long story short.... I noticed a three litre soda bottle near the back of one of my duck blinds and like the great samaritan I am reached to pick it up... I thought it odd when I found a length of 50# braid leading back to my duck blind, then to the bottle and then down to a 1# lead weight. Attached to that lead weight was a steel cord.... attached to the steel cord was a 3'x3' chicken wire "crab pot" that contained no less than three largemouth bass... very much alive.... and all of them in excess of 6# each.... quite a catch for a tournament angler. I put the fish back and called the game warden, who was very much interested to meet this up and coming BASS star. I never found out who it was, and the game warden from our county took a job in another state a few months later and I never did learn if there was any fallout or not. Apparently, after talking to a few tournament directors, this kinda crap happens all the time... and on some very high stakes levels as well.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Already mentioned but a buddy of mine was in a bass tournament in MN and a guy got busted for catchingfish the day before and tying them to heavy mono line for retrieval the next day during the tournament.

Personally, I've seen cards that were marked (like a slight nickfrom afingernail or a faint crease in thechosen card)during a night of Texas Hold'em for paychecks. Considering that guys were playing for paychecks, it was a miracle that nobody got killed.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM

A guy in my town shot a big buck during bow season brought it to the sport shop where theres a contest win a bow then brought it to the taxidermist and she found a 22 in its brain she called the epo s and they came brought him to court.Funny thing is he s still doing it here in mass theepo guys don t want to do any paper work there just waiting for retirement.If i had 50 cents for every time i told on this guy i could retire myself.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

I HEARD A STORY ABOUT GUY WHO BROUGHT A KENTUCKY CAPE AND RACK TO A SPORTING GOODS STORE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE FOR BIG BUCK, EVENFILLED OUTHIS BUCK TAG FROM JERSEY, HE GOT CAUGHT WHEN THE MEGA BUCK DIDN'T SHOW UP IN THE STATE'S COMMEMERATIVE BUCKS PROGRAM
Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 PM

haha iv seen it
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

an accomplice of my dad (that no one really likes) magically shot 5 duck bands in one season, without hunting a lot, and not hunting in an urban area. his son also got his first, and 3 more that year. well they found his recent ebay purchases, and he bought a lotta duck bands
Old 03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

an accomplice of my dad (that no one really likes) magically shot 5 duck bands in one season, without hunting a lot, and not hunting in an urban area. his son also got his first, and 3 more that year. well they found his recent ebay purchases, and he bought a lotta duck bands

That has got to be the gayest thing I have ever heard of! People buy duck bands on ebay!?!?! I thought that was just some made up internet rumor, but I just checked it out... holy hell.... why!?!?! That is so friggin' gay! I don't have another word for it!

Out of curiosity Rory what does urban areas and duck bands have to do with each other? Are you talking about early resident geese?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM

we have to buy a state duck stamp so there must be state ducks goverment can t be wrong we learned in school they flew south
Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blackfish

we have to buy a state duck stamp so there must be state ducks goverment can t be wrong we learned in school they flew south

What?