Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How can you tell what module your Bowtech has?

Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 AM

Default How can you tell what module your Bowtech has?

I just bought a used Bowtech Tomkat and was wondering what module I had.....It's a 2006 and the cams are stamped with an "E"...Are these the smooth or speed cams? Also, the manual says that whenever changing the draw length module you will have to readjust the post setting. I thought the post setting was how you adjusted the draw length....what's a draw length module? And where is it? At about this point you're probably thinking this guy needs to take this bow to a professional, huh? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 03-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How can you tell what module your Bowtech has?

The cams will either be stamped with the nomenclature "EFA" or "ESM"... the EFAs are the speed mods; the ESM are the smooth mods. There will be a number following that such as 2 or 2.5 which corresponds to the draw length. When you change out the mods, you have to adjust the draw-stop peg accordingly.

The draw mods are located on each cam, and can be swapped out with the removal of two Allen-head screws once you determine which draw length you need, if different from what's currently on your bow.

And yes, I'd suggest taking the bow in to your dealer for a proper fit. He can also order you the correct mods that you'll need, if you need to change them out. He will also have the chart showing where to set the peg upon switching out the mods.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Do you know why Bowtech is not selling the smooth mods for the 101s? 2 dealers told me this when I tried to buy them. Their brochure lists both.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 AM

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it very much.......Cool looking bow, I can't wait to kill something with it!!! But you're right, I do need to take it in and have somebody tweak it for me.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe I read that you can use the Modules form last years Allegiance...BOWTECH STAFFERS help me out on this. Can't remember where I read the article.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

niehenke,

The official word for quite some time -- contrary to those who THOUGHT they knew what was going on and reported otherwise -- was that the ESM mods were to serve as the smooth mods for the Airborne series. There is some talk now though about rethinking that and possibly coming out with an alternative; time will tell.