Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Made the best of a rainy day.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 PM

Default RE: Made the best of a rainy day.

You guys are funny! Close to me, too! I am actually a Bulldog as I live in Berwick and have pretty much all my life. Close ties to SCA asI am employed there. LOTS of big deer roaming the hills of Catawissa! Picture Rocks is beautiful!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Catawissa....a bunch of us from on HNI are shooting down there tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like you had a good time
Old 03-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant wait till tomorrow guys it should be a good time!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a good time Ben. What are the plans for the plot? We're still up in the air about what to do with out plots this year, but I'm leaning toward keeping some of the plot turnips, maybe some clover and rye mixed in. Too bad for the quiver, I appreciate you considering doing that for me, I think I'm just going to order it online.

Yeah, Rob and I had a well...PROJECT with my bow today. He certainly knows his bows...simply first class guy all the way. My shots today were PURE luck, but hey I told Rob I would take it anyway I could get it. Overall, I had an awesome time...even spotted Rob's elusive blonde squirell, lol. More on that later tomorrow, I just got home...time for bed.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, Last year We cleared out two decent sized areas and had two existing log landings. We put a mix of perrenials and annuals in a rate of about 75% perrenials to annuals 25%. The annuals were beans and winter peas. It was a learning year for me. This year I want to add two to three small plots and possible expand on the two that we already made. Here ismedragging a spiketoothedharrow on oneplots we cleared last year.

I am going to frost seed a clover mix over the existing plots to help fill in. The one log landing needed to be tilled more so that will be started over again and possibly planted with oats. They will come up in the spring and with the deer grazing, they should be done before hunting season. Most people would think this to be a bad thing, but I look at it as the deer getting their eats when they need it and then I can plant annual for hunting attraction.
And Rob, you got it, he is a stand up guy all the way around. Just watch him with he gets on the watered down grape cool aid.[8D] (he is a surprisingly good dancer)

Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 AM

looks like you had fun you played in rain i played in the snow