Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats going on with ROSS Bows Inc?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whats going on with ROSS Bows Inc?

Your call, but being all we know is the above statement, what more is there to talk about until they talk
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

The statement is valid.

Also, the guys who made the statement on the Ross forums are very reputable guys. They know what's going on.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

I myself really like Ross bows. Truth be told if I didn't shoot a Mathews I my next choice would be a Ross.
I want to first say that I am very far from being a bow expert. Just wanted to make an observation. I shot a lot of bows this past summer trying to pick a new one. after 15 years with the same bow it was time. Anyway I shot both mathews and ross and is it just me or are ross bows almost the same as mathews in looks and design?
magicman, I do think they are the same in some ways.I agree the riser'sdo look simular. Well the risers of theCardiac and the Switchback look the same.Performance wise these two bowsare close IMO, both are smooth, with good speed. I still prefer the Mathews, but like I said if I couldn't shoot a Mathews I would choose a Ross.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

From what I have read on the Ross forums there is no word even hinting at the company going under. It sounds like they are having some change in their providers, but other than that they should be contining to make great bows. What little I have dealt with the company they have been great. Other than the supply problems that occured last year, which I believe was because they underestimated how popular their bow would be, they have been wonderful. I believe within the next 5 years Ross could be running with the big dogs in terms of market share, with a bow that I believe is already in the top 5.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Your call, but being all we know is the above statement, what more is there to talk about until they talk
Germ, I agree but as long as we are not bashing Ross, I see nothing wrong with letting the thread go on.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I work in a archery shop but we don't sell Ross, and everyone in the know (our G5 sales rep)seems tight lipped.
Our G5 sales rep was in our store a few days ago and told us that Ross was folding up and this particular rep has never given me false information. Being as that I am a ROSS dealer this certainly concerned me.

I called ROSS today and they said there are some things going on and some thingsthat they are working on and have been for about 8 months now but wouldn'tgive any more information than that. They did assure me that they weren't closing up shop and are producing and shipping bows.

We shall see in about a weekI guess.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Since when has that been a problem.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like there conducting business and trying to be more competitive.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm surprised that more bow compamies don't close their doors. There are so many bow companies.......