Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are the chances of..........

Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: What are the chances of..........

Better go play the lottery too with your luck.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well it's been awfully quiet up there....you didn't shoot your eye out did ya?
[8D]
Old 03-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah where is this turkey slayer?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pictured page one Germ.

LOL Matt / PA, I got a call today, I couldn't talk long cause I was setting up Matt Henslers/PA's bow. Matt wanted to shorten the draw to a 30" mod, I gave him the mod number.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I am guessing that is not a turkey slayer

Nice bow
Old 03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I shot it most of today and got most everything tuned on it except for DL. After visiting 3 dealers today I still don't have the right mods though, no one really keeps these kind of mods in stock. I'll have the right mods by Friday though, as well as 2x dozen new shafts that will be made up for the upcoming 3D season.

Right now I'm drawing about 30 5/8" on the button, and the cam is really not rolling quite the whole way over and it's still too long. I was hoping to use a 30.5" mod and taking twists out of the cables to get my 30 3/8" draw, but now the valley is waaaay too shallow. Drawing 63lbs peak weight, I'm seeing 27lbs at full draw (about 60% letoff). I'm still shooting it pretty well, but when I make a bad shot I'm way off because of too much tension built from the high holding weight.

I'm hoping to get 30 3/8" DL with about 16lbs holding weight (about 75% letoff from 63 lbs peak). If I can get that, I'm sure this thing will be a shooter. It holds amazing. I shot a 14 target indoor 3D course today and shot 7 x's on it. Unfortunately every time I missed the X, I shot an 8......[8D]. Classic sign that holding weight is too high for the mass weight of the bow.

I'll post more soon when I have this figured out.

Oh yeah..........I'm getting 315 fps out of it at 318 grains and 63lbs...........

Oh yeah, what is center shot on the rest of your guys Constitutions? Mine walks back good and shoots a good bullet hole, but seems to be pretty much at the end of the windage adjustment on my tuner blade rest.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:08 PM

looks good, and good shootin
Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Threw the 29.5" mods in that came with the bow just to see what kind of valley I could get. The valley is fine with these, and I should be able to tune it with 30" mods to where I need it. It seems with the 30.5" mods, you run out of track for the limb peg before the cable stop hits the cable. It seems that you want to time up the cable stop to hit just about when the peg does. The wall is just spongy enough for me if you time up the peg to hit just barely after the cable stop does, I honestly like a little more give to it than just hitting peg on the limb.

I'm thinking I should be able to time up the peg and cable stops nicely with the 30" mods and still hit my DL just about perfect. With this said, if your longer than about my DL (30 3/8"), you may be better off looking at a Commander to get full DL and a nice valley.

Man I'm anxious to get the new mods in, it should be perfect then. [8D] Will post more then.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Dominant Buck

BC on my '08 Conny was 308. I'm shooting 285fps @ 60#'s.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Matty I have a set of 30" mods here I'll sell ya..........oh wait nevermind I'm using them. [8D]
Sorry dude.

Quick Reply: What are the chances of..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.