Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where would you hunt? #2

Old 03-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Where would you hunt? #2

Found this aerial shot of another one of my hunting spots.

Where would you hunt it?

Red dots are current stands, white dots are where I might put stands.

There is a big creek in the middle of the woodlot on the left. It follows the contour of the woods and the three red dots are all stands that sit on the creek.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where would you? #2

I would have a stand on the about 100 yards into the woods on the north side of that southwest fields.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I'd try to get a stand just above that "Hand" thats on the right side of the map. I think the deer might try and use that finger to get out into that field.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Where would I #2? HMMMMM As far away from any of my stands as reasonbly possible... hahaha JK
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

right in the middle of the narrow strip running east and west on the south end of the strip that goes to the north. then i would put in that small strip of woods between the large and the small field on the west side of the picture. probably would see a damn thing but thats just the way it goes for me.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: killadoe

Where would I #2? HMMMMM As far away from any of my stands as reasonbly possible... hahaha JK
Man!! I'm glad it's Friday. I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about where to take a dump

Dan
Old 03-07-2008, 01:01 PM

south of the top red dot sw corner of the small field notice you have a 4 way intersection you can cover the creek, two fields. Looks like any deer in the immediate area could or should cross at that 4 way. now getting in there without bumping any deer is another story
Old 03-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, good I'm not the only one that thought that's what this thread was going to be about. LOL

Depending on what the fields are planted with that finger right by where the "hand" is in your screenshot looks mighty good. It stretches out into the field and provides 2 corners. Deer will gravitate toward either one and use the finger to travel further out into the field. I would have at least one stand in there.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

exactly what i thought when i read this, one time i had to do it in the woods, and it wasent a good experince.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

haha! yeah it does sound kind of dirty...guess I didn't think of it that way!!

Quick Reply: Where would you hunt? #2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.