Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot a B&C with a gun?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you shoot a B&C with a gun?

If I had a chance to I would if not I would try to with my bow.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM

I would...Dont get me wrong, I love bowhunting, and I would rather do that than any other kind...but I rifle hunt too, and It still gets my heart racing and I get a great sense of accomplishment when I take one with my .270

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to bowhunt exclusively...just like there is nothing wrong with taking a firearm with you in the woods when the season rolls around...

I like doing both...though the thought has crossed my mind to put the rifle away for a year and stick with only bow...I doubt I can fight the urge to leave it put away when it comes time.........There is nothing wrong with either method...as long as youuse bothlegally and ethically
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 PM

I'm a rookie at bow hunting (only 3 seasons) and bow hunting is my true passion but if the opportunity presented itself, yes I think I would. Actually, my biggest fear of taking a gun to the woods is that the biggest, baddest, boldest buck in the woods would walk in bow range and I'd miss my opportunity for the great bow kill!!! LOL. I guess it's kind of a phobia!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

I would...Dont get me wrong, I love bowhunting, and I would rather do that than any other kind...but I rifle hunt too, and It still gets my heart racing and I get a great sense of accomplishment when I take one with my .270

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to bowhunt exclusively...just like there is nothing wrong with taking a firearm with you in the woods when the season rolls around...

I like doing both...though the thought has crossed my mind to put the rifle away for a year and stick with only bow...I doubt I can fight the urge to leave it put away when it comes time.........There is nothing wrong with either method...as long as youuse bothlegally and ethically
agree almost 100%, if you change the .270 to .308 then its 100%
Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't because I don't ever plan to step foot in the deer woods with a gun again.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know, not to many b/c qualifying bucks running around these mountains.. a rarity like that here, public lands.. I think i'd do everything I could to kill him bowhunting.. especially if he was a typical, since we've never had a typical B/C buck killed with a bow here in this state.. it would be a new state record. Our current typical record is 168 and change.. net.. missing boone by a couple inches..
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

I dont know, not to many b/c qualifying bucks running around these mountains.. a rarity like that here, public lands.. I think i'd do everything I could to kill him bowhunting.. especially if he was a typical, since we've never had a typical B/C buck killed with a bow here in this state.. it would be a new state record. Our current typical record is 168 and change.. net.. missing boone by a couple inches..
where are you from?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wouldn't know, never carried a gun in the deer woods, other than during turkey season.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

HELL YEAH! I would shoot any animal, with any weapon as long as its legal! I love hunting that much!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I would. I hunt with bow, rifle, and muzzleloader. That way I can keep hunting regardless of the season. I love the challenge of bow hunting and tell people that I rifle hunt to get even with all the deer that walked by me just out of bow range.
I take equal pride in every deer I take with any weapon. I guess I just love to hunt!

Quick Reply: Would you shoot a B&C with a gun?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.