Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Celebrities - your thoughts?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Celebrities - your angle?

I dont think its their hunting skills or abilities that get them on TV shows.I agree its probably more of who you know, rather than what you know. Obviously they all like hunting, true some are probably better at it than others, but the bottom lineis whoever is paying for the show, gets to chose who they want on it.

As far asme liking any of them on a personal level, or feeling they deserve to be on hunting shows probably doesnt matter a whole lot to the guy paying for the show. I just turn the channel.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting Celebrities - your thoughts?

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

So Quik, which show or hunting celeb trys to pass them self off as being the best hunters in the world?

Some people find a dizty blonde with big boobs entertaining, some folks find big bucks being shot with a rifle over food plots entertaining. Some shows throw little 'info' bits in there. Sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's not. I think if you watch hunting shows to learn something, you're in trouble. Watch them to be entertained, if you're not.. turn the channel.

Let's be honest, it not that hard to hang a treestand where the deer will pass by. If we could hunt on the Kisky farm we'd probably shoot big bucks too. Most of us don't have that farm, the time, the camera crew, the money, the devotionand the connections to have our own show. So we're not celebs. So what. Are you jealous?Are you mad because some people do give the 'celebs' more credit than they should. (that's what it sounds like to me) So then really, your issue is with the sheeplike groupies. and if that's the case go watch an Obama rally. That should really get you going.

Saved me some typing Christine.

Dan
Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Badger Girl's comment is exactly what I was going to say.It is about selling a product.
Let me see what are two things men would watch on TV? Great big deer and Tiffany or substitute any other attractive woman.It's goingtosell folks.
Personally I don't watch her/their program.I focus in on the ones where I believe the hunters are the real deal.No disrespect intended to Lee and Tiffany!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys quick just needs his ego stroked:

Quick you're the best, the king. I wish I had an ounce of your talent, it should be you on TV.
You are the King of Archery and it's timethe rest of the archery world got in line with that fact!!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

So Quik, which show or hunting celeb trys to pass them self off as being the best hunters in the world?

Some people find a dizty blonde with big boobs entertaining, some folks find big bucks being shot with a rifle over food plots entertaining. Some shows throw little 'info' bits in there. Sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's not. I think if you watch hunting shows to learn something, you're in trouble. Watch them to be entertained, if you're not.. turn the channel.

Let's be honest, it not that hard to hang a treestand where the deer will pass by. If we could hunt on the Kisky farm we'd probably shoot big bucks too. Most of us don't have that farm, the time, the camera crew, the money, the devotionand the connections to have our own show. So we're not celebs. So what. Are you jealous?Are you mad because some people do give the 'celebs' more credit than they should. (that's what it sounds like to me) So then really, your issue is with the sheeplike groupies. and if that's the case go watch an Obama rally. That should really get you going.

I like your way of thinking. Well said.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think a single one of them would say or even think that they are the best hunters in the world. Also, in 30 minutes minus commercials, how could someone show everything that you want them to? I don't see it as being possible.

You are right in saying that there are a number of better hunters out there somewhere. However, would you not agree that it is all a marketing game and not necessarily all about hunting? I don't think it is possible to make enough money to even keep a show going simply by being the most knowledgeable TV host.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, I agree, hunting isn't rocket science. But my beef is that there are much better candidates out there, with an incomparable amount of knowledge - and those people are sitting at home watching on TV while Tiffany shoots another big buck on a big farm with lots of big targets.

IfParis Hiltonstarted playing pro football, I'd still watch, b/c I like watching pro football... But that isn't to say that she wouldn't be damaging the quality of the product at the end of the day.

Look, it's this simple: Pro hockey can't get any better, b/c the best players in the world are already laced up when the puck drops.

Pro football can't get any better, b/c the best players in the country are already on the field.

Pro hunting could get a lot better if they would justput the best players in the game.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
Pro hunting could get a lot better if they would justput the best players in the game.
The best players ARE in the game...the game just isn't on TV.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

These shows are entertainment. When I want to learn something about hunting....I come here.

Put Paris Hilton in a camo bikini and sit her little ass in a dove field......and I'm watching even if she throws rocks.

It is what it is.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

But my beef is that there are much better candidates out there, with an incomparable amount of knowledge - and those people are sitting at home watching on TV while Tiffany shoots another big buck on a big farm with lots of big targets.
And that's exactly why they don't have their own show.

Quick Reply: Hunting Celebrities - your thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.