Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you?? Im bored!!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Have you?? Im bored!!

I've took a dump right out of the stand, but not seen deer right afterwards. It was not because of that smell. They weren't moving that day. Deer our curious animals as we all know, and its not about smell as much as that smell symbolizing us. Until a deer put that smell with you in the stand it won't make a difference of what it is. If you keep using the same lure over and over, and get busted each time that deer will not come into it anymore.

I had an old man tell me in Mo. that he would put on the stinkiest perfume his wife had when he went out, and he had killed a deer ever year for as many as he could remember. That may not work on those mature bucks but it worked for him. Al yeah that was gun hunting.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Have you ever taken a dump right by your stand, and then seen deer??? I have once. I know, kinda a gross, but I want to know if you guys think it is an issue of scent. I guess this thread can go many places!!
Lmao Vab!! Actually I did it this year up at my dads place in Northern Mn while the 2 of us were bow hunting only 30 yards apart from each other. I couldn't take it so I got down and did the deed about 5 feet from the stand tree. Funny thing was the old man seen what I was doing and 20 minutes later he got down also to take a #2 (must of been something in the air that evening) but he walked out to the edge of the woods and did it. I did have a little forky walk by at about 12 yards, he new something was up but didn't spook.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM

As a matter of fact I have. Last season I was trying to figure out what tree to setup in and it hit me. I tried to go as far as I could away from my setup but only mad it about 25 yards. Luckily there was a dry creek there and i covered my tracks with some rocks. About 30 minutes later I was up in the tree and had shot a 4 pointer. I think I had a good wind from where he came from tho.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I have, I use a Walmart plastic bag! Carried it out at the end of the day so as to not leave the scent around, probably wouldn't matter, but a small buck came walking by that afternoon. Didn't shoot the buck but found out a way to recycle those plastic Walmart bags.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM

I would not have mentioned it unless someone else posted it but....Yes, three years ago I had just got up the tree and it hit me. I went back down and held on to mysummit and let it go. I went back up and about two hours later had several deer come by and low and behold a good 8 point came within feet of my dump. I drew back and shot him right beside it. sick and hard to believe but true.[:'(]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM

This is great research guys, im starting to think my irritable bowel syndrome won't be a problem if everyone is crapping all over their stands and seeing deer!!! oh yeh, blackfish, lighten man, we are all bored, join us in the fun!!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:17 PM

Oh, Schultzy, that was funny!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM

have once never will do it agian i even sprayed it to try and stop smell but if you gotta go you gotta go