Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you??

No. We have a high fenced place about 10 miles from where I live, you can shot hogs and exotics there, 10 minutes away from my house, they have a gaurenteed kill.
I travel 145 to 200 miles to the Los Padres NFto hunt hogs...I actually enjoy hunting, I can target parctice in my backyard.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

It would be hard to say "no" to anything free especially if the beer is free too!

I would probably say yes but I would feel pretty dirty shooting anything thats fenced up. Could I trade the hunt for a new bow and some new threads or any gear?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Why would I? Don't get me wrong, I like to Kill, but I like to hunt what I kill one on one. Some guys will do anything for a Trophy. I have trophies I worked hard to get and with that comes pride. I'm not lookin for a Gi-me

Dan
Well how about for the meat? I love Axis deer meat. If someone told me I could have 150 lbs of it, all I had to do was go shoot it, well, I'd be all over it. It would in no way be a trophy, it would however be some tasty burgers, backstraps, jerky, etc. Thats why I'd do it. Not much different than if one of my friends offered me a steer but told me I had to kill it and butcher it. Free meat? HELL YES!
My Freezer always Full!! The animals I kill are free anyway. So why would I want to shoot an animal in a pen, unless it is a Fat Steer

Dan
I'm not fortunate enough to be able to keep my freezer that full. I've got room in there so I'm going.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

a free hunt. free meat. free 3D practice. I definitely would but i wouldnt be one of those guys like keith warren that always goes on canned hunts and thinks hes a great hunter. so basically im say i would go but i definitely wouldnt be braggin it up saying "oh i shot a 245" WT before, whats your biggest?". To me it wouldnt even hold close to the amount of fulfillment i would get from killing a basket rack buck on public land.

john
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok but what if...

You got to hunt on high fence but were told don't shoot the big Albino Buck, and you did and before he died he crawled under the fence onto bawannajims property and you could not get permission to go get him. Then as you were driving out you saw him on the back edge of the posted field and he had a blood stain on his side, he was to far from the road for a second arrow but you had a rifle and the window ledge made a good rest.

The fence was also the Stateline which now meant you were in New Mexico without tagsand it was getting dark so you had to use a light to get a good view. None of this would be possible witout QDM so what would you do?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Ok but what if...

You got to hunt on high fence but were told don't shoot the big Albino Buck, and you did and before he died he crawled under the fence onto bawannajims property and you could not get permission to go get him. Then as you were driving out you saw him on the back edge of the posted field and he had a blood stain on his side, he was to far from the road for a second arrow but you had a rifle and the window ledge made a good rest.

The fence was also the Stateline which now meant you were in New Mexico without tagsand it was getting dark so you had to use a light to get a good view. None of this would be possible witout QDM so what would you do?
As long as you have your scent-lok on and your whisker biscuit is tuned, I think you're good to go.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Punt?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I would, I would liken it to some giving you a set of 150 inch horns, I know I don't want anyone else's mounts for one simple reason I didn't earn it -
Old 03-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll take that 150" rack too. I could make a few bucks on that then buy more meat for the freezer.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:12 PM

How is everything witht the wife TX???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.