Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you??

Tony we are more alike than you really know.
Living in the north east gives us a common aspect to hunting,we both seem to enjoy the challenges bow hunting affords us,that coupled with our love of children,you educate them and I feel when raised properly and well seasoned they taste just like chicken.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Living in the north east gives us a common aspect to hunting,we both seem to enjoy the challenges bow hunting affords us,that coupled with our love of children,you educate them and I feel when raised properly and well seasoned they taste just like chicken.
ROFL! You coming to the GTG? Check that , you already answered that on another thread ....
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Would you go on an all expense paid, 100% garanteed kill rate, fenced hunt??
Think about it..........100% guaranteed kill rate fenced hunt vs unguaranteed kill fence hunt. Considering the original question posed by Va., those deer cannot in any way be wild unless they are herded into a pen for shooting. I'd find it just as gratifying to shop for meat at Kroger, and I am not fond of grocery shopping[:'(]. Again, considering the original question, not for me no way no how.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Site Bouncer

I wouldn't, but that's just me. I like to hunt free roaming animals.....well at least as much as their surroundings will allow.

I think there is a difference between a guided hunt, a hunt over a watering hole/food plotvs a high fence hunt, here's why.

With a guided hunt you are still hunting a free ranging animal that can disappear over a ridge never to be seen again. Sure some of the "hunt" is taken out of your control via the guide but at the very least it's now two people hunting the same animal. If I ever went on a guided hunt I would never take full credit for the kill. I would acknowledge the use of a guide and his skill and knowledge for the lay of the land and the combined effort made the "hunt" successful.

With hunting over a watering hole or a food plot (depending on how big the food plot is) you have no idea what routethe animal is going to take to gain access to that spot.It may walk directly in front of you and drink (or feed) 20 yards away.....Or it may enter from the opposite sidewith no possible shot to be had. It'sno different from picking an ideal location for a tree stand. You know (by the signs) that deer frequent this path/area but they don't always comein where you want them to do they? That's hunting.

A high fencedeal is different in that the animals have no where to go. I fully understand that some of these high fence farms go on for thousands of acresand some are bigger than the "free range" lands we hunt. This (high fence hunting)would not be such a problem if allof it took place right smack in the middle of the land. The problem..MY problem with them is a lot of it doesn't and you end up "corralling" the animalsin one corner or another. If that deer traverses a ridge heading to the corner of the property, you KNOW he isn't going anywhere and most likely you will seeit again.

You just don't know what "hunting experience" you're going to get when you sign up for a high fence hunt. Will you get the "right smack in the middle of 5000 acres" hunt or the "pinned all the animalsin the west corner" hunt?

That "unknown" is enough for me to say no thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ROFL! You coming to the GTG?
Naw ,its really hard for a people person like myself to stay away from group functions ,but I have flossing my neighbors cats teeth penciled in for that weekend.[:-]
Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 AM

Ask yourselves this.... If the next world record was shot in ahigh fenced area, would you consider it legit?? Would it taint the harvest or kill?? Would you shake the man's hand and say great kill you deserve it??
Old 03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it comes from behind a high fence neither B&C nor P&Y would count it as a record.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Ask yourselves this.... If the next world record was shot in ahigh fenced area, would you consider it legit?? Would it taint the harvest or kill?? Would you shake the man's hand and say great kill you deserve it??
Dude .... you ARE bored!!! Of course not ........ next question Mr. Obvious.....[8D]
Old 03-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

In my opinion, it's not a 'hunt' if it's a guaranteed kill.

On the other hand, all expenses paid? I'd go if it were something good to eat. Hey, free meat!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Look at it the way I finally did.......

I love me a good steak....but it is what it is. I don't wanna hear you explaining to me the spot and stalk you put on the great beast of a steer beforelancing him with your perfectly placed arrow. Save it. It's a piece of meat that you bought at the store.

So goes the 140" deer killed from behind the fence. So what if I I had one on my wall? I'd be extremely afraid someone would ask me the story behind it. As it stands with the two I have, now.....I look forward to those moments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.