Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you??

Tony some how I don't feel you would understand my answers. if you insist I will try.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Only for a hog....LOL They just taste so good on the spit. Hell I'll arrow a hog in a barnyard if I get to put them over a fire![8D]
Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Would you go on an all expense paid, 100% garanteed kill rate, fenced hunt??
Yes, in Africa, as most of the hunting is in a fence(it might be 20,000 acres but it is still in a fence) and if I sit at a waterhole all day and be patient, I am guaranteed a kill ,if I can shoot right. Yep, count me in. You buying?????
Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting is very special to me,more so than you will ever know. And some howI am sure you twist and arrange my words to suit your own point of view.But here goes.
HuntingSome animals doesn't interest me what so ever,they just don't measure up to the challenge.I place Antelopein this class unworthy,just to easily killed by their own easily patterned characteristics.I place Canadian Black bears over bait in this class,just read the success rates posted.
I have hunted elk with a guide in Wyoming for two reasons,one is because its the law and two because I own not tents or horses necessary for this hunt.

And I spend untold hours in pursuit of grouse because of the challenge and the euphoric like feeling that the very unlikely chance for success brings me.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Hunting is very special to me,more so than you will ever know. And some howI am sure you twist and arrange my words to suit your own point of view.But here goes.
HuntingSome animals doesn't interest me what so ever,they just don't measure up to the challenge.I place Antelopein this class unworthy,just to easily killed by their own easily patterned characteristics.I place Canadian Black bears over bait in this class,just read the success rates posted.
I have hunted elk with a guide in Wyoming for two reasons,one is because its the law and two because I own not tents or horses necessary for this hunt.

And I spend untold hours in pursuit of grouse because of the challenge and the euphoric like feeling that the very unlikely chance for success brings me.
Nothing hard to understand about that...
Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Do you feel you will be hunting antelope or shooting antelope?
Any time an animal has a choice of where to go......I think you're hunting.

Deer make a choice to come under the oak flat I'm in. What's the difference?
YOU hunted for the place to put the treestand (Gr8) or the oak flat. You did NOT hunt for the water or the elk,the guide did.

Nothing wrong with waterholes or guided hunts.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Ill be honest...I would go...blast me if you think you have to
Old 03-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Yes I would go, why wouldn't I?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Jim ... I TOTALLY respect how you hunt .....you hunting is all about you and those people who join you in your hunting world .... it should be! The only reason I said anything was the way you included everyone in your soul analogy .. I was just looking for clarification ..... we are ALL different .... I am not looking to twist anything ... I am not saying there is a right or wrong to the original ? ....... it's all subjective ...
Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 AM

Preach in all due respect, I don't think bawana was refering to our souls from a Christian stand point. I am a Christian and I understand that he is really speaking of our souls as hunters, why we do this. It is our way of giving meaning to what we do. Not compared to my soul as a Christian, that is entirely different. My soul and his soul as a hunter needs to be cleansed, and we do this by hunting animals in their natural environment. Im am speaking for us both, and I may not be right for bawan, but Im sure of it for me. Im not saying that Im better for this, it is a belief that i hold towards hunting game, not to say that everyone should hold this same belief. I should not have said the statement about corect or right way. That was ignorrant on my part, I just want everyone to understand that hunting is part of my soul and I do it to keep the fire inside me burning while I wait for the Savior to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.