Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you??

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I'm in no way worried about my soul after all God gave us dominion over all the animals not just the freerange ones. I would probably go as I mentioned earlier. I would consider it a grocery trip not a hunting trip. No different than buying a pack of ground beef, just a different means of putting meat on the table. My soul is in good hands, the best actually!
Amen Greg

Bawana .... you never answered the other questions, tho.....
I didn't inhale either........
your duckin ....... are you a politician?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

All expense paid? Definitely

Fenced? Depends on the acreage within the fence and the species.500 acres+ for non-game, like hogs (at least in Texas they're a non-game animal), small game and birds. I would not hunt big gameinside a fence.

Guaranteed kill? H, E, double hockeysticks NO.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Do you feel you will be hunting antelope or shooting antelope?
Any time an animal has a choice of where to go......I think you're hunting.

Deer make a choice to come under the oak flat I'm in. What's the difference?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM

For me it depends entirely on the critter. I'm assuming you are refering strictly to Whitetails, in which case I would not. It may sound strange, but I have a greater respect for a mature whitetail buck, than say an opposum or a feral hog. I have hunted hogs behind a 15,00 acre high fence and had zero problemsdoing it and would do it again. I would not huntwhitetails in this same 15,000 acres, something ethicially just doesnt seem right. But why is there a differing view between one critter to the next? I'm not the only one I have met who shares a different view on different critters.

So ask yourself, would you shoot a hog, or an opposum, or any other critter in a fenced hunt besides a whitetail? Does it depend on the critter, does it depend on the acreage fenced in and what that animal requires for a home range?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 AM

I honestly would not hunt Whitetails behind a high fence. The experience just wouldn't be the same hunting Whitetails behind a fence when it should be an animal that is hunted by the practice of fair chase.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I'm in no way worried about my soul after all God gave us dominion over all the animals not just the freerange ones. I would probably go as I mentioned earlier. I would consider it a grocery trip not a hunting trip. No different than buying a pack of ground beef, just a different means of putting meat on the table. My soul is in good hands, the best actually!
Amen Greg

Bawana .... you never answered the other questions, tho.....
I didn't inhale either........
your duckin ....... are you a politician?
Thats cause I'm to old to run.[:-]

Some times the answer is just to plain for some to see.

As For now I'll let the politician **** slide.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I look at all my mounts and in my heart I rank them. Its funny that I rank them not based on the size of the rack but on the hunt experience! That said, I would go on that hunt. But I doubt I would rank the kill very high. And I most likely wouldn't mount it eithor. Unless that was all expense paid as well. lol
Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: twildasin

....because it feels so good when you stop

Magic ...I agree with you 100%

Bawana ..... for us idiots ..... would you answer the question ......pleeeeeeeeease?

MNPurple .....good question about the different animals ..... why would there be a difference .....
Old 03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing wrong with a trip to the grocery store.

Especially if it's free....sign me up.

I bet that if I were in a treestand on the hypothetical property and a big buck comes by, my adrenaline will be just as high as it would be in a fair chase scenario. When it comes down to it, at the shooting moment, that deer can bust me and escape just as easily as a fair chase deer. Sight, sound, smell, they still have it inside the fence.

So, for me it would be a free trip to the grocery store with a little fun and adrenaline to go along with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.