Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 03-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you??

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Yes I would. Flame away.
No flames from me..I know of3 answers on here that I trust as 100% fact.

Yours
GMMAT- cuz he had the chance
Bawanna Jim

The rest may be true, but I can substantiate my picks!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Is being put in a ground blind by a water hole antelope hunting or antelope shooting?
Bruce:

FAIR....and GREAT question. I've had to come to terms with this one....as I'll be doing JUST that in '09. These animals are still free ranging. I see it as no more than liquid bait. It's legal....and it's an animal I have zero chance of killing in NC. I see your point.....but the fence is where I draw the line. Just my view. That antelope could go anywhere.

To be honest.....I'm looking forward to the time in camp more than anything.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Is being put in a ground blind by a water hole antelope hunting or antelope shooting?
Bruce:

FAIR....and GREAT question. I've had to come to terms with this one....as I'll be doing JUST that in '09. These animals are still free ranging. I see it as no more than liquid bait. It's legal....and it's an animal I have zero chance of killing in NC. I see your point.....but the fence is where I draw the line. Just my view. That antelope could go anywhere.

To be honest.....I'm looking forward to the time in camp more than anything.
Not talking about a fence just trying to find the definition of "hunting" . Do you feel you will be hunting antelope or shooting antelope?

Or, if on a guided elk hunt and you are just going where the guide takes you, is that elk hunting or elk shooting?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

For $0.00 total cost .... I'd go .....as long as I didn't have to use one of my tags ......Like Greg said ...it would be a shopping trip ...
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

But VA..no one is saying you have to sacrifice your entire season to go on this hunt scenerio. Being a high fence operation maybe the hunt is offered before your season even starts or after it ends. SO what it's a 3 day hunt/shoot/trip to the grocery store. It's a 3d shoot with meat at the end.

Just saying...Free is free and how often do ya get free anything!

I'm still not saying I'd go, but I'm arguing with those who just say no..given the REAL chance I question how many would stand by thier viewpoint.

Except Bawanna..I know where he stands. Unless it was sponsored by Labatts Blue..
Its not really for free, they take asmall piece of your soul,and deep down inside you know you'll never get it back.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going on the hunt...sorry. My best friend had this opportunity at Timber Ghost in Iowa and he killed a 183" 12-point. Awesome buck for the wall, and he looked at it like a decoration almost, not a hunt, and I agree with him on that point.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 AM

That was the best thing I ever heard Bawana say on this site. I can't say it any better.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

JMO, but I think anyone that ever fished a farm pond should have little problem going on a fenced hunt. Same deal, you just never hear fisherman spouting off about how ethical they are.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would 100 percent go, as long as it wasent like a deer stading in a locked cage and i shoot him, cause other than that i dont see how it would be 100 percent.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

That was the best thing I ever heard Bawana say on this site. I can't say it any better.
you mean this?

Its not really for free, they take asmall piece of your soul,and deep down inside you know you'll never get it back.
I think he was joking ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.