Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you??

Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you??

I might but I would consider it a grocery trip not a hunting trip.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would this "hunt" be in Africa?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 AM

Yeh, I agree shadow. Bawana, you are right, I should say shoot!! Anyway, I think Shadow is right, I mean do we really want to kill a deer everytime in the stand?? Or are we just there to soak it in a lot the times? I know I would lose interest if I killed one everytime in, it would be like not recieving a gift from God..
Old 03-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

You're right, PT.....and I thought about it long and hard. Iwas pretty much "guaranteed" a 140-150" buck if I went....all expenses paid.

A week or so ago.....Lisa and I were sitting in the den....looking at my 2 deer mounts. I told her, then.....that those two deer meant more to me than ANY P&Y (OK...had to explain that to her) that I went somewhere and just "shot" (not even mentioning a HF).

She said.....those deer are special because you didn't just shoot them. You HUNTED them.

God I love her.

Yes....i have been offered this opportunity twice, now (OHIO). I've turned them down, twice. I almost went the first time. I wanted to just SEE some deer that size. I'm from NC. I even thought about going and taking a doe to donate to the family I give meat to......but thought better of that....after discussing it with the guys right here in this forum.

It's not hunting (IMO)....and I'm a hunter.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is a guided hunt (no fence) a shooting trip or a hunt? YOU are not doing any hunting, you are just going where the guide takes you and shooting, right?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is being put in a ground blind by a water hole antelope hunting or antelope shooting?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

But VA..no one is saying you have to sacrifice your entire season to go on this hunt scenerio. Being a high fence operation maybe the hunt is offered before your season even starts or after it ends. SO what it's a 3 day hunt/shoot/trip to the grocery store. It's a 3d shoot with meat at the end.

Just saying...Free is free and how often do ya get free anything!

I'm still not saying I'd go, but I'm arguing with those who just say no..given the REAL chance I question how many would stand by thier viewpoint.

Except Bawanna..I know where he stands. Unless it was sponsored by Labatts Blue..
Old 03-06-2008, 08:47 AM

Jeff, good response, I respect what you did, especially as new bowhunter, lots of guys would have done it just to get a rank among hunters. You are right, you hunted those two bucks and eraned the right to place them on your wall as reminder of the great Creator's admiration for life.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I would. Flame away.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 AM

Gr8t, you make a good point. No this hunt would not affect the entire season, and it could be anywhere for anything. I wouldn't do it because I love the natural world of hunting, with that said, I may go on a hunt with an outfitter if the land was not fenced and I could do most of the stand hanging/scouting. He would have to point me in a direction of course, but that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.