Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

frayed bow string, excuse the lingo...

Old 02-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default frayed bow string, excuse the lingo...

First off, congrats to the website d00ds on the new forums, these look great!

Alright, my frayed bow string. I have a PSE Whitetail Extreme, it has a v shaped arrow rest (and this is where you' ll have to excuse the lingo because I' m new and do not know all the names of the pieces on the bow). The arrow rest appears to be as far left as I can take it (this is a right handed bow) and I was told when I bought the bow that because of the v shaped rest that I add to place the arrow odd color down so that it would fly between the V rest. So my problem is that not the bow string that you pull, but one of the that are attached to the " bar" that comes off of the bow towards the person, ya know the one with a little bend in it? Well one of those strings gets rubbed by the fletching on my arrows and it' s starting to fray.

The only thing that I' ve noticed looking at my bow and my brother' s bow (who does not have this problem) is that the arm that comes off of the bow (it' s got a bend in it and so does mine) on his the bend curves directly to the right taking those strings further away from the arrow' s fletching and therefore doesn' t get touched. On mine, the arm that comes off the bow has the same bend but it curves at a slant to the upper right. Is this the problem or have I missed it all together?? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:47 AM

Default RE: frayed bow string, excuse the lingo...

bscofield, try posting this on the technical page. Those guys are real good and rarely if ever get stumped. They' ll probably ask for a little more info as you go but they' ll be glad to help. Welcome to the board.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: frayed bow string, excuse the lingo...

Thanks!

Never even noticed the board...