Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do we.......

Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why do we.......

Haha - Germ, if I didn't look out for my own self-interest, nobody else would - that's for sure. I'm that guy who people figure out that I hunt andask if I'vehad any luck. So,I respond in a somber tone... "Nope. Worst season ever. I don't even know why I bother. Damn game commission has totally ruined everything. This is definitely the last year I buy a hunting license." *sigh* LMAO

Don't lie - "Deer Hoarder" has become an integral part of your hunting vocabulary, and you use it to sound cool in front of your friends. I invented a new huntingword. Just give credit where it's due. You know it. Deep down...you know it.

I guess Ihave taken a bunch of kids out...back when I was guiding turkey hunts. But, I'd be lying if I said it was for the kids. It's moreso so that Dad can get the full experience of seeing Junior blast a turkey. That's always bigger for Dad than it is for Junior. Generally, the kids are so damn disinterested they sleep the whole time. LOL We're only fooling ourselves if we actually pretend to believe that we're "trying to get the kids involved in turkey hunting." The only thing they're getting involved in is waking up wayyyyy too early and walking wayyyyyy too far. They usually can't wait to get home and climb into a warm bed. LMAO
Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will attempt to help anyone who has an interest provided they are a decent person.I don't actively recruit young people or adults though.
I do have a concern about political clout,the smaller our numbers are the more easily we are dismissed or not considered at all.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:13 AM

The government wont take hunting away. Look at the millions of dollars in liscence fees, guns and ammo company's, outfitters, clothing company's, DNR officials. The government couldn't afford the financial impact let alone the over population problems. Some one said it before, its not that there is too many hunters, its that there is too little public hunting land. Been hunting for 18 years and guessing i probably paid about $1200 in liscenses,$4500 in Guns and archery equipment, $1000 in clothing, dont even know the amount of fuel. I dont hunt out of state or it would be higher. I havent figured in processing yet either but the bottom line is there is too much money in hunting to let some tree huggers shut it down. In America money talks as we all know too well.