Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I just had a Quiksilver sighting!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I just had a Quiksilver sighting!!!

I just saw Frannie post up on a thread. The self-imposed-ban is over!!!

How'd you do on the BAR exam buddy?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I just had a Quiksilver sighting!!!

He must have done alright. I saw that thread too and he's using legal arguements and case studies to support his points. LOL It wasn't a self emposed abscence. Rob banned him. Of course he ask for it so he could study and being the friend he is Rob did it. LOL
Old 02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I did pretty well... Ran out of time on a couple things, missed a couple narrow exceptions, but all-in-all I'm optimistic. I definitely whiffed one essay question out of 25 (forgot the rule). Scores won't come out until sometime around the end of April.

In a bizarre twist of fate, I mashed my right ankle in a hockey game and couldn't really walk on it for the past two weeks, so I was relegated to the couch, with nothing to do but study. No shed hunting. No working out. No procrastinating. LOL The good news is that my disability translated into a lot of extra study time. The bad news is that I think I might have to go see an orthopedic surgeon and find out the nature and extent of the damage to my stinkin' foot. [>:]
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey welcome back, and heal up quick. i think the truth is you fell off one of those dark horses [&:][8D]
Old 02-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Great news on being positive. So tell me... how do they score it. Is it a curve thing and only so many are allowed to pass or do they have a set percentage you have to get ahead of time. I mean, when it gets to essays one guy might say you got the points and expressed them. Some other Johnny Cochran might say your glove doesn't fit.[&:] How do they do it?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most Bar exams have both a subjective and objective portion.
PA weights accordingly:
[ul][*]45% on a 200-question multiple choice exam (takes 8 hours).[*]55% on 25 essay questions graded by a licensed attorney. That grading is subjective, and if he doesn't like your answers, you get little/no partial credit (takes 9 hours).[*]No re-grades.[*]No explanation or point sheet of your score. [/ul]
They curve the scores, but I have no idea how that works. It's all top-secret,like you're trying to get into theSkulls or something. LOL

Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,

Good to see ya back, I hope all works out well on the score this go around. Hope the ankle heals up and doesnt need too much attention... ouch.. you've got some scouting and shed huntin' to do..

Old 02-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back!! Let the Party begin!!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ah yes, the injury that gets things done. I know it well. What kind of hockey do you play? I just got back on the ice recently myself. I had muscles hurting that I forgot I had.

Good to have you back buddy!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davidmil

He must have done alright. I saw that thread too and he's using legal arguements and case studies to support his points. LOL It wasn't a self emposed abscence. Rob banned him. Of course he ask for it so he could study and being the friend he is Rob did it. LOL
I'm sweet that way.

Quick Reply: I just had a Quiksilver sighting!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.