Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot an albino if it was illegal?

Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you shoot an albino if it was illegal?

Would anyone honstly not shoot a full albino big racked buck (like the one in the pic)just because your state says there illegal to shoot?
I know if it was illegal in my state i would shoot it in a heart beat, How can they tell me i cant shoot a deer based on its color... there rascist!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you shoot an albino if it was illegal?

Um.....

Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

Would anyone honstly not shoot a full albino big racked buck (like the one in the pic)just because your state says there illegal to shoot?
I know if it was illegal in my state i would shoot it in a heart beat, How can they tell me i cant shoot a deer based on its color... there rascist!

I think you mean if it was legal in your state you would shoot it. I would too. IA made it illegal. Dumb law as it is inferior and shouldn't be in the breeding gene pool.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, Bad medicine!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Um, Don, an albino is not an inferior deer. It's simply missing the color pigment gene and nothing more. Two true abino deer could breed perfectly healthy "brown deer".

I would shoot one in a heart beat. I exclusively hunted a piebald doe a several years ago, passed up some really good bucks hoping for her. Saw her 5 times, closest was 50 yards. It's legal here in PA. I can understand the mystic behind them but making them illegal game seems foolish.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

No, Bad medicine!
LOL, I know a guy who shot a beautiful 12 albino with a stick bow, he's successfully taken bucks since, lives a pretty good life too.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

I think you mean if it was legal in your state you would shoot it. I would too. IA made it illegal. Dumb law as it is inferior and shouldn't be in the breeding gene pool.

no i mean if it was illegal... i think its the stupidest law ive ever seen in my life, and all though ill probly never seen an albino in my life, i would still shoot one in a heart beat, illegal or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok I feel better now about my post.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Ok I feel better now about my post.
I dont see hows its stupid, i want to see you pass up that deer if its illegal in your state, and under your stand... send me the fine in the mail, well worth it.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I'm colorblind...so yeah, I'd shoot it!

I'm not actually colorlind, but if I saw an albino, I would shoot it with my video camera and nothing else. Any piebald, on the other hand, would get an arrow in its vitals in a heartbeat! I think I would even shoot a button buck piebald.

If there is any spot of brown, its down.

Quick Reply: Would you shoot an albino if it was illegal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.