Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

#1 most important thing you learned afeild this year?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 AM

Default RE: #1 most important thing you learned afeild this year?

I learned to make sure your 7 year old urinates before he gets dressed. Hard to find his tick tac when its 15 degrees and dressed in cover-alls. This leads me to my most frustriating moment. Been scouting a nice 10 pointer all summer. Pick the son up from school seings he like to go hunting with me which he does a pretty good job sitting still. It is a half hour before sunset and my son fell asleep on the ground under my treestand behind my portable blind. Wouldn't you know it the 10 pointer steps out of the corn feild 80 yards from my stand and simultaneously my son wakes up and starts crying because he doesn't know where he is and he has to go pee. needless to say I never got a shot at the deer. It just stood there and looked at me whisper yelling at my son to sit down. Funny as hell but not at that moment. Deer ends up getting hit by a car 2 weeks later. Damn shame.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Spike

Always take your bow with you. I did this past year when recovering a buck I had already shot. I had just stopped dragging and I heard something behind me. A small 6 was standing there not 30 yards away and maybe only 10 yards to the left of the path I had just come down. You never know when one will pop up.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Under Armour 3.0 is worth every penny.

Great way to get a deer to stop in you shooting lanes and have fresh Doe pee laid down, pull off higher up branches with green leaves still on them on the way to your stand and put them in your shooting lanes where you want the buck to stop.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting in the rain sucks.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Patience...
Old 02-28-2008, 01:16 PM

someone stated they needed to get a better exit/entrance route to their stand, that is something I learned last year and put into affect this year.
I learned two things 1:bring lots of toe warmers because 2: no matter how cold you are, you gotta be there during the rut. I'm lucky I stayed my extra 15 minutes, that I had been telling myself to do for close to an hour. The cold wasn't so bad after you shoot the buck
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to rush the shot, and not to rush the shot, and not to rush the shot!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

that I like killing a buck off the ground at eye level more than from a stand..never willcomplain about either though..
X2
Old 03-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

TO PRACTICE UNDER 10 YARDS!!!! After I missed a guaranteed 150" buck at about 8yrds I now start every practice with one round 15yrds and under. That was one of the most embarrasing moments of my life he came running in to my grunt calls stopped at my scent canister perfectly broadside ane I shot just under him
Old 03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The more time I thought through the small details of the hunt, the more consistently successful I was at locating and getting closer to bucks.

Quick Reply: #1 most important thing you learned afeild this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.