Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How's my form?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How's my form?

How's my form?

I took Greg/MO's advice and bought the Tru-Fire Bulldog Buckle Release. I think it helped a lot!

When I changed my anchor point, I can't see out of my peep sight. Should I readjust my peep sight?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How's my form?

Still looks a tad long to me in the draw length. Your peep will need to be adjusted.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I changed my anchor point, I can't see out of my peep sight. Should I readjust my peep sight?

Um...is this a trick question?

(LOL of course you need to move it,otherwise it's just a neat little doodad taking up space on your bowstring )

And to be honest your form looks pretty darn good........it's difficult to fit form properly around those short ATA bows if you want to use the string/nose as a reference. Technically you'remaybe a little long and anchored a little back but not much and you have everything in nice alignment and your using that draw length pretty well. Short bows are a challenge for "target" form. You usually have to give something up for proper draw length and that's a good upright head position because the more forward you go with the draw length, the further the string gets away from your face.
Shoulders look good, and don't wrap that grip hand index finger tightly around the front of the grip, keep it loose or just brushing.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

(LOL of course you need to move it,otherwise it's just a neat little doodad taking up space on your bowstring )
LOL, OK...
Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM

i agree that your Draw looks a tad too long (even though i have know room to speak on as my form isnt as good as others on here)
Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM

Looks good to me, and yes you need to move your peep
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

And to be honest your form looks pretty darn good........it's difficult to fit form properly around those short ATA bows if you want to use the string/nose as a reference. Technically you'remaybe a little long and anchored a little back but not much and you have everything in nice alignment and your using that draw length pretty well. Short bows are a challenge for "target" form. You usually have to give something up for proper draw length and that's a good upright head position because the more forward you go with the draw length, the further the string gets away from your face.
Shoulders look good, and don't wrap that grip hand index finger tightly around the front of the grip, keep it loose or just brushing.
Thanks for saving me some typing.[8D]

Now go shoot and see how it feels,well,once the peep is readjusted.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Thanks for saving me some typing.[8D]

Now go shoot and see how it feels,well,once the peep is readjusted.
Will do!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

about 1/2 - 3/4 inch too long.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

if your comfortable, id say it looks fine...

a haiiiiir extended for my liking...but im kinda short and stocky built..im not built for extending...

if your comfortable and shot well like that, id say stick with it..if not try a half inch shorter..

Quick Reply: How's my form?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.