Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching contact with the Limb Driver

Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fletching contact with the Limb Driver

Is there a valid reason he can't just turn the cock vane perpendicular to the riser? I did this one THIS bow with my hunting arrows with no repercussions.Problem solved.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM

I maybe stupid here, but I thought the drop away did away with cock vanes???
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Some cables get in the way but if your nock point is high enough and the dropaway lands on the shelf or below it then it should have no effect on any vane. Although if it (any dropaway)does not get out of the way fast enough that could be a problem.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cock vane is or can be the odd colored vane other than that it makes no difference. On some of my arrows I fletch all white. Essentially no cock vane. There are a variety of ways to orientate the vanes with the Limb Driver optimum is one vane straight up. If you have to rotate it slightly so be it, but I would try to fix a cable clearance problem with the cable slide fix and leave my arrowadjusted the best flight over my rest. just my .02

Dan
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Is there a valid reason he can't just turn the cock vane perpendicular to the riser? I did this one THIS bow with my hunting arrows with no repercussions.Problem solved.
Thats exactly what im doing Jeff, shooting with cock van "out" to the left. and theres marks on the right "tounge" of the limbdriver and bottom right vane.... I believe ill make a trip to the shop...

Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Cock vane is or can be the odd colored vane other than that it makes no difference. On some of my arrows I fletch all white. Essentially no cock vane. There are a variety of ways to orientate the vanes with the Limb Driver optimum is one vane straight up. If you have to rotate it slightly so be it, but I would try to fix a cable clearance problem with the cable slide fix and leave my arrowadjusted the best flight over my rest. just my .02

Dan
Do you recommend A certain slide to do this, im headed down to gander in just a few...
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hyper Glide Slide is one of the best. If you can't find them locally I keep them in stock.

Dan
Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys im headed out the door right now, if i dont get it fixed between my shop and gander mountain, ill post some pics and we'll go from there, but now i know somethings not right. thanks guys.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:20 PM

No contact ehre, like MeanV said, orient one vane straight up. I shoot feathers anyway so if there was a little contact in my set up, which I doubt there is, there is no effect.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

In theory you can get contact with your higher profile vanes due to launcher bounce, especially if you don't trim the dramatic hook arms and they sit up off the shelf at all.

Follow me.

When the bow is drawn the limbs compress providing slack to the cord and the launcher to rise via the reverse spring. When the bow is fired the limbs snap back to their resting position yanking the cord tight and the launcher arms out of the way. HOWEVA !! IF you think those limbs snap back into their resting position and stay there under all that violence at the shot?? [:-]
Conventional limbs act like a diving board as they settle out their motion after the shot. All it takes is one bounce of the limb tips downward to release some slack on the cord allowing it to "bounce" back up causing a potential contact issue. I imagine with a high energy conventional limbed bow that the launcher moves up and down at varying rates until all the motion settles from the limb tips.

With Blazers if you rotate the vanes slightly to gain relief from the cables you are turning that inside vane down toward the tip of your launcher........now there isn't much separation between the 2 and any bounce can cause contact at that point.

Like I said, just a theory based upon howthat restoperates and what I've seen from general high speed video of bows being fired.