Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another shooting!!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Another shooting!!

I am a firm believer that the "anti-gun" press of this country is perpetuating gun violence by making martyrs out of these deranged individuals by giving them the much sought after recognition that they want. Some of these criminals have even left statements in suicide notes stating that now they would be famous!

I now that the public should know about these crimes but no publicity should be given to the criminal who committed the act! All we need to know is that the individual that committed the horrendous crime was a deranged individual. Without the "fact" that these people will become "famous" if these crimes are committed may stop some from committing the crime in the first place.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, but that's freedom of the press. If you stop this freedom you're using the same methods the anti's use in trying to ban guns. I don't know the answer but denying freedoms is not one of them.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why as long as Im in Pa. my pistol is with me loaded! Hell I take it everywhere! Just got back from grocery shopping with my two little girls and yep you guessed it it was on me! People are idiots these days!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I don't know guys, what is going on? I teach high school and we don't deal with this stuff. Maybe the kids are leaving high school spoiled and used to getting their way, and when they get to college noone babies them, so they lose it.
I really believe the parents in allot of the cases are the ones who aren't stepping up! You can't hardly look at your own kid wrong without getting charged with a crime these days. The teachers in school can't hardly do any disciplining either without getting accused of something stupid. My kid or kids will be raised the old fashion way, I'm the law, my kids will not run my household, I will!! It's terribly sad what this world is becoming these days. I'm happy your brother is fine Vab!!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

IDK, Tech got a lot of media... maybe that got everybody wanting attention.... it makes me sick..
This is EXACTLY it, I'm sure of it. Here is a lesser example.

I go to college at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

For about three months there have been Swastikas showing up ALL around campus. At first, they kept it sort of, under wraps. Not many people knew, as it continued to happen, media got a hold of it. It was pasted all over the news, the school flooded our email inbox's with EVERY case that was reported, there has been groups made to combat it, reward funds generated etc. I am almost certain, if they wouldn't have/aren't making such a big deal about this, it would go away. These criminals want notice, and we're giving them what they want. IMO.

edit: Forgot to say this is a very sad thing (school shootings) And I'm very glad your bro is safe, vabowman.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks guys, I don't think it was a shooting now, it was on cnn and yahoo, there was a man that was seen with a handgun on campus by housekeeping, still don't think they found him. Glad it was not a shooting!1
Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I don't know guys, what is going on? I teach high school and we don't deal with this stuff. Maybe the kids are leaving high school spoiled and used to getting their way, and when they get to college noone babies them, so they lose it.
I really believe the parents in allot of the cases are the ones who aren't stepping up! You can't hardly look at your own kid wrong without getting charged with a crime these days. The teachers in school can't hardly do any disciplining either without getting accused of something stupid. My kid or kids will be raised the old fashion way, I'm the law, my kids will not run my household, I will!! It's terribly sad what this world is becoming these days. I'm happy your brother is fine Vab!!
I agree 100% it has to be the parents to blame here, to be honest with ya kids have way too much rights these days. It all comes down to discipline and whoever their parents were definatly were not up to the task!