Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bear buckmaster bow

Old 02-25-2008, 07:36 PM

Default Bear buckmaster bow

my brother inlaw gave me this bow .He bought this bow last year it is split limb single cam bow 29 inch draw and is set at 70 lbs. its not a bad looking bow for free. So the question is do any of you know any thing about this bow good or bad thanks. Paul
Old 02-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear buckmaster bow

Wal Mart special! Hunter Dan7 dad has one and it pretty much viabrates your hand offwhen you shoot it.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Wal Mart special! Hunter Dan7 dad has one and it pretty much viabrates your hand offwhen you shoot it.
Exactly, for when it comes to bows, you don't get much for $180, not the greatesr bow IMO.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

My friend had one and it was pretty decent. Some people will tell you that you need a $900 bow but that isn't neccessary. If is is noisy of vibrates too much there are things you can do to fix some of that.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mean V string suppressor, sims vibration products, and a really heavy arrow should help with the noise / vibration.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed my first deer with a Buckmaster BTR32. Really a very quiet bow. I loved it, and would probly still shoot it if i didnt get a great deal on a Bear Element, then that sparked me and now im hooked, spendin like crazy buyin the good stuff.lol Never Once had a problem outa that bow... I really did enjoy that bow.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey if it was free and is not wore out. Shoot it and see what you think.

I have a PSE Team Fitgerald Nova from Walmart. I paid less than 100 for the entire setup years ago. I set it up and still hunt with it. I can shoot 2-3 inch groups at 40 yards. Not the fastest bow on the market even in its time. Now its way slow.

My opinion is to set it up and fling a few arrows and see how you like it. You never know you may like it and it may shoot well for you. Sure its not the newest fancest thing but who cares it was free.

I don't know about you but I couldn't justify paying some of the prices these new bows go for. (easily 900-1300) Thats crazy if you ask me. Just so you can say you have the newest and fastest bow. I guess if you have it to spend though....
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeh let me mention i think i had it set on like 62-63lbs and it was shooting wal-mart carbon express arrows at 238 FPS
Old 02-26-2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks guys .I shot it today and it actually shot pretty good. I was with him when he bought it and it is the 260.00 bow they had two differnt kinds. ILL keep it around for a back up and target bow . last year i got his fred bear whitetail supreme .so maybe next year ill get his new mathews dxthe bought last week. it doesnt bother me to shoot a year old bow exspecialy if its free. Paul
Old 02-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

it was my first bow years back wasnt bad but i didnt know a thing about bows when i got mine it had a 29" draw and i have a 27" draw i made it work for that season took my first deer ever with it a big doe but as for the bow when you get the money upgrade

Quick Reply: Bear buckmaster bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.