Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a little help to support bowtech....!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a little help to support bowtech....!

well cool....and thank you very very very much guys!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

My local bow shop sells Bowtech and hoyt and PSE bows. He tells me that He has 30 days to either sell and/or pay for the bowtech bows he has in stock.
On the other hand He has 11 months to sell and/or pay for PSE and Hoyt bows. They will also take back any bows after the 11 months he doesn't sell. In other words, He gets to use their money for 11 months. Bottom line he sells a lot of bowtechs, but doesn't have a lot in inventory ( only about 5 at a time ) Compared to 50 Hoyts and 25 PSE bows. He was bowtechs dealer for the year for bowtech 3 years in a row. You would think bowtech would back a dealer better than this.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

On page 8 of the owners manual it says to use loc-tite on the mod screws. The reason Bowtech doesn't loc-tite the screws from the factory is that 9 times out of 10 the dealer will have to change mods for draw length like I had to.
Ding, Ding, Ding! Right here is the answer, four pages into this thread. Yes, most mod screws come loose and need to be tightened down. It says so right in the manual. So,nodog, there is an excuse, and a pretty good one. Why loc-tite something that verywell may need to be changed?

We don't loc-tite ours, and once we tighten them down, they have not come back loose.
"Why make your bed, your just going to mess it up again". Would you pay a house keeper who answered you that way.

Common knowledge people don't read instructions. Most big time ($)hunters I know can't get past the first sentence. BT can say until their blue in the face "It isn't our fault". Wont stop the bad pr from coming.

Loktite them down and let those who do any work be responsible for the same. These are luxury items. How many luxury items do people buy that they have to take apart and tighten up before enjoying them. It's rediculous. They also must come from a "pro" shop. What kind of professional lets their work go without making it a reflection of their name. Also rediculous not to do something so simple. If it was their first time and didn't know, ok, but knowing and not doing it would have me shaking my head and never returning.

Loktite isn't permanent. Take them apart and put them back together. No big deal.

Does the bow come with a tube of loktite? A lot of things that require something do add them in their products.

Many people love Pella windows/doors. I have talked many people out of them because they ship a door and don't include a special tool in their package making me have to tell the home owner it isn't going to work right until a tec comes out. That happened only once. A $2000 door and they couldn't put in a $5 tool that isn't sold (until recently).

In my case money is not an issue, I don't mark up material. I've never had to spend a dollar on advertising. My work is my advertising.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

You would think bowtech would back a dealer better than this.
There's a lot of money in inventory. It's simply business the way most of America knows it. Most manufacturers are 30 day pay on all bills. If you got a bad reputation it can be as tough as C.O.D. Lots of mom and pop business open and close the doors when they find out people just don't run in the door to give them money. A manufacturer doesn't want to get caught with someone out there with a lot of the inventory locking the door and they end up loosing thousands. It's business. When you're in demand and the top dog.... people have to follow "Your" rules.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Walleyefever

My local bow shop sells Bowtech and hoyt and PSE bows. He tells me that He has 30 days to either sell and/or pay for the bowtech bows he has in stock.
On the other hand He has 11 months to sell and/or pay for PSE and Hoyt bows. They will also take back any bows after the 11 months he doesn't sell. In other words, He gets to use their money for 11 months. Bottom line he sells a lot of bowtechs, but doesn't have a lot in inventory ( only about 5 at a time ) Compared to 50 Hoyts and 25 PSE bows. He was bowtechs dealer for the year for bowtech 3 years in a row. You would think bowtech would back a dealer better than this.

That may be because those are the terms he agreed to...There may also be other options but he didn't choose them...Justsomething to think about...
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the Owner's Manuals we do recommend the screws have a dab of Loc-Tite applied by the dealer or end user. However, for those that don'tread their manualsthey have also been applying it at the Factory for the past few months.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

"Why make your bed, your just going to mess it up again". Would you pay a house keeper who answered you that way.

Common knowledge people don't read instructions. Most big time ($)hunters I know can't get past the first sentence. BT can say until their blue in the face "It isn't our fault". Wont stop the bad pr from coming.

Loktite them down and let those who do any work be responsible for the same. These are luxury items. How many luxury items do people buy that they have to take apart and tighten up before enjoying them. It's rediculous. They also must come from a "pro" shop. What kind of professional lets their work go without making it a reflection of their name. Also rediculous not to do something so simple. If it was their first time and didn't know, ok, but knowing and not doing it would have me shaking my head and never returning.

Loktite isn't permanent. Take them apart and put them back together. No big deal.

Does the bow come with a tube of loktite? A lot of things that require something do add them in their products.

Many people love Pella windows/doors. I have talked many people out of them because they ship a door and don't include a special tool in their package making me have to tell the home owner it isn't going to work right until a tec comes out. That happened only once. A $2000 door and they couldn't put in a $5 tool that isn't sold (until recently).

In my case money is not an issue, I don't mark up material. I've never had to spend a dollar on advertising. My work is my advertising.
That is an aweful lot of typing that I had to read a few times to get your point for something thatreally is not a big deal either way. As soon as any of ours came a little loose we knew it just by the sound of the bow. Took a minute to find the source, retighten and go on. Like you point out, we were among those that did not know the manual says to check them. And now...like BT Shooter says...they are just locking them at the factory. It is not like they came all the way out at once or anything. They loosen up gradually, and anyone oughta recognize the difference in the way the bow sounds immeadiately.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Host of Hosts

Must just be your dealer. My dealer has alot longer than that to pay for his inventory of Bowtechs.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Go into a hoyt shop and ask why they dont sell matthews... go into a matthews and ask why they dont sell hoyt, go into a bowtech and ask why they dont sell pse....etc... thats my theory..

Its all about the marketing...
Yep, sounds like a dealer that has lost his Bowtech dealership and is pouting.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

If true on the Hoyt's, I wonder whya localshop has new 07's all listed at $450, there were 13 of them, I counted. I would think he would just send them back rather than mark them down that much.

Also had an Ultratec marked way down. Surely he would have sent that back since they haven't even produced the bow in two years.