Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back from the IL Classic

Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Back from the IL Classic

I had a great time at the IL Deer Classic today. Drove up with Mobow and met Bols just after we got there. Went to the Bowtech Booth first and met Greg/MO, BowtechShooter and MeanV there. Shot a few of the new Bows and I caught Mr. Hoyt himself (mobow) shooting I believe it was the 101st. That is Greg/MO in the background. Later we met Justin and Dukemicheals with their ladies. We saw Christine at the Cambells booth. Talked to all of the guys at the WKP booth and got copies of The Grind. And met Deerslayer at the WKP booth. It was a great day with good friends.
Enjoy the pics!

Then we went and checked out the HEADS. WOW, there were some monsters there on display. The first one is the buck I got the sheds to earlier this year. You can see them on the pedestal of the mount. I gave them to Ryan, who killed the deer. It grossed in the 180s and netted 160 2/8 Typical.

The sheds.

More deer.

Neat brows

Wide

Weird
Ya think he could shred a tree?

Beautiful

GERM, Mr. Mass is dead
More MASS

My Taxi Friend mounted these lockede bucks. The big guy scored 193"

Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back from the IL Classic

Wow!! Those are some incredible bucks!!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a pleasure to meet you JM and Mobow and Bols. Wouldv'e loved to talk more hunting with you guys but I was afraid the woman would get restless and walk away with someone else.

It's bad enough I leave her for so long during the season.. I need to earn those brownie points!

Yeah.. and how about those bucks this year! I have NEVER seen so many 200" whitetails ever! Their was like 10 or more. Not to mention all the 180"+ whitetail. After a while I didn't even want to look at the 150's anymore. It was ridiculous!

A pleasure to meet all you.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Nice pics John! I have some of the same pics so I'm glad you posted them cuz I didnt feel like posting all of them. I hope you guys had as much fun as we did, and maybe next year you can win the Bow like we did.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:34 PM

Duke, was great to meet you as well, and hey........if you wouldn't have been watching so closely, I think bols was gonna walk off with her...

And hey, get that girl some taller pants, would ya??
Old 02-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Nice pics John! I have some of the same pics so I'm glad you posted them cuz I didnt feel like posting all of them. I hope you guys had as much fun as we did, and maybe next year you can win the Bow like we did.
Actually Don did win one. But he can't show a pic because he works in a Hoyt shop and would get fired.It was the Canary Yellow model. Not sure what poundage it is.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

And hey, get that girl some taller pants, would ya??
Nice.

I can't stop her.. I can only hope to contain her.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Site Buck Guru

Nice looking deer........... huge!! I'm going to have to go one of these years. What county/city was it in?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Nice looking deer........... huge!! I'm going to have to go one of these years. What county/city was it in?
Bloomington IL
Old 02-24-2008, 07:51 PM

And yes, I shot some of the bowtechs. I shot the General, the 82nd, 101st, and the marquis. My favorite, and if I WERE to get one (which I won't) it would be the 101st. I just really liked the draw cycle of that bow. My least favorite was the 82nd, the draw cycle being it's downfall to me. I just didn't like that sudden drop into the valley.

Quick Reply: Back from the IL Classic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.