Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

went shed hunting

Old 02-24-2008, 06:10 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default RE: (in reply to Steven McBee)RE: went shed hunting

I have been out few times and have been in some great places but only found one so far. I think some have dropped but I really dont think they all have dropped yet. I found a year old one that was a good ona and in good shape. It was a nice 5 point It seems like I always get started to early but just can't wait when the weather starts to change. I have seen one small wt that had one side.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Just gotta get out and walk the trails, take a pair of binoculars with, cuts down on checking out false leads, if possibly check out areas with southern exposures (snow is not as deep there) if you have a food source, walk the trails between the food plot and the bedding areas. Get out while the snow is deep, the snow right now (at least around us Central Wisconsin) constrains or restricts the movement of the deer to established trails (in most cases) I found 2 sheds today on heavyily travelled trails.

oh, and get out in the woods and walk around, my dad found two sheds yesterday in areas that I had been through 7 times already.

Good luck......
Old 02-24-2008, 07:40 PM

I was looking myself this past weekend in michigan, I had no luck and whenI was heading back in seen two 140- 150 class eights with both still in tact
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Up to four now. Satrting to find a few now. Buddies went a weekend ago and they found 14 in two days walking farm fields. They found one nice set off a heavy 8pt.