Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What if ....

Old 02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What if ....

ORIGINAL: mobow

I don't think I could honestly answer that question w/out being in the situation. I can sit here and tell you that I won't endorse a product I didn't use on that hunt, and that I wouldn't lie and say that I did.....That's a very romantic thought, but......With everything that would be going on, money flying around, offers being made......you've suddenly become "famous"......I just don't think it's possible to really answer that.

What is it that Forrest Gump's momma said? Oh yeah, "When I was in China I just loved playing ping pong w/ my ( X BRAND) paddle, which everybody knows isn't true but momma said was just a little white lie and wouldn't hurt anybody anyway."
"I'm sorry I had a fight at your Black Panther Party."
Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

I don't think I could honestly answer that question w/out being in the situation. I can sit here and tell you that I won't endorse a product I didn't use on that hunt, and that I wouldn't lie and say that I did.....That's a very romantic thought, but......With everything that would be going on, money flying around, offers being made......you've suddenly become "famous"......I just don't think it's possible to really answer that.

What is it that Forrest Gump's momma said? Oh yeah, "When I was in China I just loved playing ping pong w/ my ( X BRAND) paddle, which everybody knows isn't true but momma said was just a little white lie and wouldn't hurt anybody anyway."
Agreed.....kind of makes you wonder about all thoseendorsements from other "non-pro's" doesn't it. Can't say that I know I'd turn it down either.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ifthey wanted me to endorse a product that I didn't believe in, or if they wanted me to say I used it on the hunt and I didn't ..........no way .......I would DEFINITELY do it outside of those examples tho ....
Old 02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tell ya what I would do ... if I was lucky enough to harvest such a beast , I would only endorse the products I used on that hunt.
From the camo , the boots , the bow , sents whatever else I used regaurdless of pay money or any other compensation.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...he ll yeah!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry, I'm from NY and have no problem being blunt. What's that line from Goodfellas? Oh yeah, "**** you, pay me! You had a fire? **** you, pay me! Business was slow? **** you, pay me!" Whoever came with the biggestgarbage bag full of moneywould be my pimp. Putting all ethics and god fearing and whatever else aside, it would be irresponsible of me as sole provider for my family to not take advantage of a opportunity to do right by them.

Have fun fellas, Blast away!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to believe in the product before endorsing it, otherwise I believe you are lying.
Kind of like, how Laywers protect the villans when they know their guilty, it's just not right, or maybe I watch to many movies?
Sorry to some of the Lawyers out there, but the others are blood thirsty money mogers, which are only a step above a used car saleman.
Why do you think there are so many jokes about your chosen craft?

Sorry I'm in left field again!
By lying, I mean, hipocrit.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:01 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't have made it possible without my Rear Veiw Deer Mirror !!

This monster didn't have a chance sneaking in down wind of my scentlok camo!!

I don't go hunting without my bowtech!!

I couldn't have done it with out so and so outfitter !!

Seems simple enough with the right color of green in Tim's hand. Actually I think I'll work on getting my world record first and not worry about how much money I could possible make off it.

I know one thing... Fran will be my lawyer when it happens !!!

Tim
Old 02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

1st of all let's be real, we're talking money here, though if we're talking $5,000 to endorse some peice of junk, no thanks, but if we're talking $100,000's of dollars, personally I'd want to endorce what I used on my bow that instant to take the buck with. But I'd for the right price endorse another product I found to be a quality item and actually switched to using.....

Also basspro etc...thse shops buy the actual head from these guys I believe for 20-40k usually, would you sell? May even been much less? What would it take for you to sell a WR head? or a monster they wanted to buy liek Tony L buck from iowa, the ML buck?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM

Ok, if I'm getting payed I would probably do it. I do still have morals though. I'm not going to endorse something I think is crap or wouldn't consider using myself. I might need money, but I'm not a whore. Especially if my reputation was based on it.

Like say for instance someone asked me to endorse the WB rest. I don't particularly care for them, but in no way do I think they are junk. I would have no problem endorsing factual statements about the product.

Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.