Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diet... Does it effect your bow hunting?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diet... Does it effect your bow hunting?

I plan my food for my hunting trips. I eat foods that supply lots of energy. And take a multi vitamin. I like sports drinks and stay away from soda. I am a thin guy in good shape. I tried my best to pack in the food this last season but still lost about 8 pounds during this last season.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: Germ

You guys are killing me
Come on Germ, you know that in order to keep those guns explosive... you have have to feed 'em
Healthy food!!!!![:@] Like the deluxe salad from that place at the GTG
Old 02-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

About a year and two months ago i weighed in at a slobby 228lbs i have been in the 230's before, i was getting asthma like symptons and felt it was time to do something about it. I vowed off sweets and soda pop, Ok a few times a year ill treat myself to a sweet now its around five small meals a day and alot of water, combined with some exercise in the gym, im now at 194lbs and feel great. I do notice a huge difference while hunting, i can now pack in my climber, climb the tree and not sweat much at all before i would be ringing wet []yes it does make a difference Dubbya, i keep hearing horror stories of your eating adventures in Garden prarie, wish i had stayed one more day to witness this [8D]OH, the one meal i absolutly can not do with out is breakfast, if i miss that im shot.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Diet / Nutrition is huge, I use to play sports etc....and you may be talented, workout etc....but nutrition/diet will help you get to that next level. I think diet/exercise are all related, simple steps will help get you there, ie no pop....giving that up, wil save you some calories etc...I'm currently a fast food addict in some respects, though once my project im working on ends, I plan to refocus, one thing to remember is its much easier to maintain a weight/in shape than it is to get IN SHAPE.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ, it was a PREMIUM salad... according to the sign anyway.

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek
Dubbya, i keep hearing horror stories of your eating adventures in Garden prarie, wish i had stayed one more day to witness this [8D]OH, the one meal i absolutly can not do with out is breakfast, if i miss that im shot.
Dan, let me describe it to you this way. The sign reads, "Premium Salads" so being the salad guy that I am... I decided to give it a whirl. Well, if you can imagine four (4) pieces of lettuce that appeared that they were spray painted green, then placed in the microwave for about 10 minutes accompanied by a very very soft tomato. All of which was covered with a plasticized Ranch dressing... it was horrid, but of course I'll have another this summer for the sake of tradition.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

Monster, DietPepsiand Camel lights make up the majority of my diet
Hey as long as it's DIET pepsi and Camel LIGHTS... you should be okay. That's why I use Copenhagen Long cut as opposed to Fine Cut
Good Point, but man, your dishing out some cash. I chew grizz 2.84/tin

My diet only gets better during bowhunting season becuase I'm home as much as possible and not eating crappy college food.[&:]
Old 02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle
Good Point, but man, your dishing out some cash. I chew grizz 2.84/tin

My diet only gets better during bowhunting season becuase I'm home as much as possible and not eating crappy college food.[&:]
I do the two cans for $6.49... I like flavor

I never wanted to go home from college because the cafeteria made better food than my mom[:'(]
Old 02-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

in no way whatsoever does my diet effect my hunting......unless something gives me gas
Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Poor Diet and lack of sleep can and hasaffected mine. It never did when I was young, or before Ibroke my back... today I have to eat right and get good sleep to be on the top of my game.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Diet... Does it effect your bow hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.