Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbing Stick Questions

Old 02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Climbing Stick Questions

I am looking to buy some Grizzly 16' Climbing Sticks. They are on clearance right now.
Does anyone have these or know anything about them?
Do you need to interlock the sections or you can you put them on seperately?
About how high can you put your hang up if you use these?

Thanks for the help!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Stick Questions

ttt
Old 02-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

No matter what you buy .... most brands have four foot sections with an alvalibleextenson allowing you to gotwenty feet upand yes you do have to interlock them .
Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

As RDhunterhas stated, they all come in four sections, and most have another section you can purchase seperately. I have several sets myself that I use. They all work great. The only thing I dislike about them are the straps they come with. I use a 6' ratchet strap on every other one. Just for a safety precaution.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crabclaw

As RDhunter has stated, they all come in four sections, and most have another section you can purchase seperately. I have several sets myself that I use. They all work great. The only thing I dislike about them are the straps they come with. I use a 6' ratchet strap on every other one. Just for a safety precaution.
So these would be good enough then?

If I wanted to put space in between each section I could use an extra ratchet strap on each on then?

I just don't want to pay 100.00 for climbing sticks cause I already spend enough on hang on stands alone.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: npockat32

As RDhunterhas stated, they all come in four sections, and most have another section you can purchase seperately. I have several sets myself that I use. They all work great. The only thing I dislike about them are the straps they come with. I use a 6' ratchet strap on every other one. Just for a safety precaution.

If I wanted to put space in between each section I could use an extra ratchet strap on each on then?

I just don't want to pay 100.00 for climbing sticks cause I already spend enough on hang on stands alone.
Yes ... they would be good enough and by using extra straps would make them more secure as long as you keep them tight.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

ORIGINAL: npockat32

As RDhunter has stated, they all come in four sections, and most have another section you can purchase seperately. I have several sets myself that I use. They all work great. The only thing I dislike about them are the straps they come with. I use a 6' ratchet strap on every other one. Just for a safety precaution.

Yes ... they would be good enough and by using extra straps would make them more secure as long as you keep them tight.
Thanks for the help RDHunter
Old 02-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

There aresticks out there that you can hang separately, Gorilla makes some and Rapid Rails to name two. I think I got my Rapid Rails for under $40.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

There are sticks out there that you can hang separately, Gorilla makes some and Rapid Rails to name two. I think I got my Rapid Rails for under $40.
Wallhangr...where did you get those rapid rails from? You must of got them on sale somewhere cause the cheapest I can find them for is $88.00
Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check Sportsmansguide.com, I think they even dropped them to $35 the last time I looked.

Quick Reply: Climbing Stick Questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.