Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Score?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D Score?

Thanks Collie, thats pretty reassuring! I have no doubt in my mind that 250-270 range is very do-able for me with some practice. Like I said, this was only my second time shooting 3D and basically my first time shooting elevation repeatedly. I was happy with my score on the first ten targets (like 85-86 or so?) but the last 15 targets from an elevation really killed my score. Guess I better get to work before the next league starts, I'm hoping to be good enough to hop in! Thanks a ton guys
Old 02-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

My first two outdoor 3d's were about what I expected score wise for me. My outdoor 3d schedule is about to start up full force and I'm dedicating the shoots for "learning" I'll be taking a rangefinder with me, picking a yardage, sticking to that yardage, shooting, and then range it with a rangefinder to see how I judged it. I'm VERY competitive, I absolutely WON'T continue doing something unless I'm decent at it. That's what happened to football, baseball, basketball (which I shouldn't have given up), and countless other things. I feel that I have the "potential" to be a great shooter, so I'm running with it. I've put a "dead line" on my shooting, atleast competitvely, (believe me it's a lengthy deadline). I've been at this pretty hard for 4-6 months now, and some doors are definately starting to open up. Lets see how far I can run with it.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully I can get to that same point, Matt. Money is short right now but I should have at least enough coming in soon to get a new bow (YESS!!) and still pay for gas[:@]. I plan on setting this thing up mainly for targets, getting a range membership and talking my buddies into getting one to. I will practice, practice, and practice a little more and eventually try to talk a family friend (excellent shooter) into a little coaching. I feel that I have some potential and this is something I really want to succeed in. With enough effort and help from you guys, hopefully I can be somewhat successful. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

A good coach is worth more than a good bow.

Don't get caught in the trap of trying to buy points,MANY hunters and 3-d shooters alike try this method and it seems to be a quick fix for many at first but they all will fall back to reality soon enough.Confidence will help your shooting as well as anything and most times when we buy something new,our confidence and expectations soar.Problems is it crashes about as quick and off we go to get the latest and greatest.

Point being,learn the basics first and foremost.

With all that out of the way,good equipment is imperative to good shooting but the "best" is not needed,just good DEPENDABLE equipment is all that is needed.

A good coach can help you figure out what is best for YOU.